Recalled/Assigned: STEPHANE VEILLEUX!!! (also: Harding & Dowell up; Zuck, MG & Kuemper down)

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So lines...

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Pominville - Cullen - Setoguchi
PMB - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Veilleux/Mitchell - Mitchell/Konopka- Rupp/Dowell

I...really like it.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I guess a little experience at a time like this doesn't hurt.

Zucker needs time in the AHL. Granny needs to play bigger minutes.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
So lines...

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Pominville - Cullen - Setoguchi
PMB - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Veilleux/Mitchell - Mitchell/Konopka- Rupp/Dowell

I...really like it.

Yep this is exactly what I would do. Zucker has been awful, Granlund isn't a 4th liner. Veilleux will skate through the boards for this team if he has too.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Yeo's panicking, he needs more grinding because that is the reason this team isn't winning. We are getting great chances around the net, all 4 lines are shooting the puck great but we just can't grind our opponents down at all so we end up losing games....

What the ****.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Ugh. I hate Veilleux.

Zucker has been terrible. So much fumbling the puck. Worse than Granlund at the beginning of the season.

Please oh please move Mitchell, and not Clutterbuck, into the top-9. Just like Mitchell take Zucker's spot on the Cullen/Setoguchi line.

THEALLKNOWING*

I don't like the Harding move at all. Only 20 minutes of NHL playoff experience years ago. Historically has not come-up big when needed. Who knows when M/S issues will crop-up. The Wild's goaltending just got weaker, if that is possible.

Mitchell needs to be playing more than 4th line minutes. Put useless Cal's final regular season games with the Wild, on the 4th line.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
OMG...

Veilleux is our playoff answer? In his last stint with the Wild, he effectively killed any and every offensive chance his line had every time he touched the puck. The only exception was when he would get his butt kicked in a fight. Then he'd have 2 good games afterward.

This is like watching a train wreck. I'm convinced Yeo has no idea what he's doing anymore.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I don't like the Harding move at all. Only 20 minutes of NHL playoff experience years ago. Historically has not come-up big when needed. Who knows when M/S issues will crop-up. The Wild's goaltending just got weaker, if that is possible.

Mitchell needs to be playing more than 4th line minutes. Put useless Cal's final regular season games with the Wild, on the 4th line.
The Harding move is nothing. He needed to be activated if they want to do something with his contract in the off season and he couldn't stay in Houston. If Backstrom gets hurt Kuemper will be called. This also gives Kuemper the chance to play instead of sitting which is all Harding will do now since it appears each of the remaining games are must have points games.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
OMG...

Veilleux is our playoff answer? In his last stint with the Wild, he effectively killed any and every offensive chance his line had every time he touched the puck. The only exception was when he would get his butt kicked in a fight. Then he'd have 2 good games afterward.

This is like watching a train wreck. I'm convinced Yeo has no idea what he's doing anymore.

Yeo knows exactly what he's doing: releasing the secret weapon! :laugh:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The Harding move is nothing. He needed to be activated if they want to do something with his contract in the off season and he couldn't stay in Houston. If Backstrom gets hurt Kuemper will be called. This also gives Kuemper the chance to play instead of sitting which is all Harding will do now since it appears each of the remaining games are must have points games.

Key point

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Yeo knows exactly what he's doing: releasing the secret weapon! :laugh:

This is akin to DR bringing in Chris Simon for the playoff push.

Hey, maybe it works, but man it just sucks the desire to watch this team right out of me. I mean, I'm currently in a bind at work with 2 key people out on vacation, but I'm not just throwing things in the air and mixing them around in hopes that the work gets done...which is what it seems like Yeo is doing right now.

Prove me wrong Wild...please.

Billy Mays Here*

Not surprised by this. Granlund wasn't getting the playing time on the 4th line, Zucker wasn't looking any where near as good as the first time he was up and Kuemper needs playing time too because he sure as hell wasn't getting it up here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad