Recalled/Assigned: STEPHANE VEILLEUX!!! (also: Harding & Dowell up; Zuck, MG & Kuemper down)

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Holy over reaction to rather innocuous roster moves.

Granlund was only kept with the team due to Rupps injury. This likely means Rupp will be back in the line up and rather then have Granlund sit which is what he would have done they are going to get him playing and let Dowell sit as the extra forward. Veillux is probably going to take PMBs spot on the 3rd line so PMB can go back with Cullen and Seto.

Zucker was not playing well at all and if he isn't a weapon offensively he doesn't have much else to help the team with at the moment.

These moves actually make a lot of sense.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can't score, so call up Dowell and Veilleux? Seems legit.

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Holy over reaction to rather innocuous roster moves.

Granlund was only kept with the team due to Rupps injury. This likely means Rupp will be back in the line up and rather then have Granlund sit which is what he would have done they are going to get him playing and let Dowell sit as the extra forward. Veillux is probably going to take PMBs spot on the 3rd line so PMB can go back with Cullen and Seto.

Zucker was not playing well at all and if he isn't a weapon offensively he doesn't have much else to help the team with at the moment.

These moves actually make a lot of sense.

It's not sending guys down...it's bringing Veilleux up. Ugh x 100.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Everything's gonna be alright. Everything's gonna be alright.
Everything's gonna be alright. Everything's gonna be alright....

[****breathe****]...[****breathe****]...[****breathe****]

....Everything's gonna be alright. Everything's gonna be alright.
Everything's gonna be alright. Everything's gonna be alright....

But seriously, Everything's gonna be alright. :D

Billy Mays Here*

*Insert Veilleux gif here*

It will be done.

veilleaux-nom-nom.gif

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I don't know what happened to Zucker. He hasn't been the same since he got hurt. I understand the moves to Houston. Not sure I understand who is joining the Wild though. :-/

Henri M

Dec 12, 2012
Yep this is exactly what I would do. Zucker has been awful, Granlund isn't a 4th liner. Veilleux will skate through the boards for this team if he has too.

You could just have sent Zucker down and put Granlund on the Wing. It would actually be nice to see him play as a wing for more than 4th line minutes.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I'm more surprised at the timing of this than who is coming up and going down. Obviously they're trying to shake things up from an energy standpoint, but when there's just three games to go?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
If they are going to be bottom line guys, and at this point, that's what Dowell and Veilleux will be, I'd rather call them up than a couple guys with little or no NHL experience and throw them into a pressure situation. Something had to be done to shake it up a bit, even with 3 games to go.
I'm starting to think some posters will complain no matter what this team does until the people they want gone are gone.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
If they are going to be bottom line guys, and at this point, that's what Dowell and Veilleux will be, I'd rather call them up than a couple guys with little or no NHL experience and throw them into a pressure situation. Something had to be done to shake it up a bit, even with 3 games to go.
I'm starting to think some posters will complain no matter what this team does until the people they want gone are gone.

I've been on the Fontaine-Train for a while now.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It does make sense to bring up guys who have experience at least. Our options are a little limited...

Not that I'm very excited to see Veillieux back.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Not a big deal they got some fourth liners to play the fourth line. Zucker wasn't doing it and Kuemper hasn't been playing. Granlund is the odd man out this year.

I guess I like the veteran energy forward idea. I'm a big Veilleux fan. His hard work and forecheck will help get the team going. I really have no clue what Dowell brings. Good for Harding though. Maybe he can go on a hot streak if he get a start or two. Kind of risky to start him with the amount of time left in the season.

I too would have liked Fontaine to get a shot. Every time I'm watching the Aeros highlights he is all over the rink making plays and setting people up. Is he just so old that the brass don't think giving him the time over another younger prospect is worth it. He played four years at college but come on he ain't that old. He should get a shot.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I've been on the Fontaine-Train for a while now.

Good for you. If he has earned a shot in your mind, it does not mean he has to the management. There are a ton of guys who could score at the AHL level and did nothing at the NHL level. There are 3 games left, I'd rather take experience over throwing in another rookie and hoping for the best.
Yes we have a lack of scoring right now, and IMO that's on our top guys who have flat out disappeared and adding a couple rookies won't solve that problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad