Speculation: Stepan on the outs in Ottawa already?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Turris is bad, but not give away a young top4 D bad haha.

I misread a news article and thought he's been sitting out the whole season, my bad.

Obviously though it would be Stepan +, just not sure what Edmonton needs, but that's probably Dmen so. :dunno:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Retain 1.7m and add a 2nd in ‘22 for deangelo. Unless people are banging down the doors for Tony I don’t see him getting much more IMO

I don't understand this thinking. The Sens could have had DeAngelo for free a few days ago. Why would they be paying to take him now?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'll give you Minnesota top line center Victor Rask.
We can throw in 1B Center Nick Bjugstad- with the retention on him, the money will work. Buy now, two for one deal! Trade in your old, broken down Center and receive two, younger Centers! I must be crazy!

Reactions: 2CHAINZ and HotDish

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
lol wtf Stepan is one of the most likable guys in the league, wonder what went wrong with the coach
Nice guy that can't play anymore. Are they still worth something?

I heard Lucic is a great dressing room guy.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I don't understand this thinking. The Sens could have had DeAngelo for free a few days ago. Why would they be paying to take him now?

This would be the equivalent of Ottawa selling a second for 3.4 million dollars. They have effectively done exactly this in the past, so wouldn't be too crazy.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This would be the equivalent of Ottawa selling a second for 3.4 million dollars. They have effectively done exactly this in the past, so wouldn't be too crazy.

I don't understand what you're saying here but Stepan only cost Ottawa $2m in real dollars this year; that's his salary.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I don't understand what you're saying here but Stepan only cost Ottawa $2m in real dollars this year; that's his salary.

Huh? I was answering your question about DeAngelo in reference to this proposal:

"Retain 1.7m and add a 2nd in ‘22 for deangelo. Unless people are banging down the doors for Tony I don’t see him getting much more IMO""

You said "why do this when you could have him for free?"

You would do it because you're paying the 2nd in exchange for new york retaining 1.7x2.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
TDA and pick for Stepan with retention
Not a bad shout tbh. Wouldn't give up a pick though. But I think the senators should stay far away from him. No way a player you want to throw in, in a already bad environment.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
this trade was stupid from the get-go, sens wasted a 2nd round pick

that being said, Stepan at 50% for Kyle Turris and Alex Chiasson?

turris had success in Ottawa and the oilers get out of the 2nd year of his contract. chiasson is ass but he goes back to the sens for nostalgia :laugh:

I posted the same trade !

Reactions: La Bamba

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can it be Roussel though? Beagles kind of playing alright lately.

Or, sarcasm aside...I'll ask about Eriksson and Gaudette as a base again...?

I actually think we'd covet Beagle. We need help on faceoffs.

That said, I'd happily accept Eriksson & Gaudette as a base. Would be surprised if the Nucks would do that, though. My "serious" predictions for a trade:

1)
D. Stepan and M. Reilly/B. Coburn
for
B. Smith, C. Rowney and a 3rd/4th
2)
D. Stepan @ 50%
for
J. Beagle & 3rd/4th
3)
D. Stepan + M. Reilly/B. Coburn
for
L. Eriksson, J. Beagle, 2nd
4)
D. Stepan @ 50%, M. Reilly/B. Coburn, 4th
for
J. Demers

And honestly those might be optimistic on my end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad