Injury Report: Stepan Broken Jaw. No timeline. Prust susp. 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRCSKA*

Stepan should be back this series though. Roenick and Robidas both played with worse jaw breaks. Put on the face shield and suit up, because it's the cup.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Let's not lose sight of the big picture.

BERNMEISTER EQUIV OF JOE NAMATH GUARANTEE!!

NYR WILL TAKE OUT HABS IN SIX OR LESS IF:
Miller activated
and plays with Kreider - Miller - MSL

Hags Richard Nash

keep Brassard line once back Moore pinch hit as nec.

Boyle Moore Dorsett

Next year, McIl can be reg 6th D and we can make an introduction to Prust arranged.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Let's not lose sight of the big picture.

BERNMEISTER EQUIV OF JOE NAMATH GUARANTEE!!

NYR WILL TAKE OUT HABS IN SIX OR LESS IF:
Miller activated
and plays with Kreider - Miller - MSL

Hags Richard Nash

keep Brassard line once back Moore pinch hit as nec.

Boyle Moore Dorsett

Next year, McIl can be reg 6th D and we can make an introduction to Prust arranged.
Who is Bernmeister?Wait. Never mind. Who made that guarantee?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
As mentioned a few days ago, Getzlaf had his jaw shattered by a puck via slapshot and only missed 1 game (came back with face mask and all of course)

As much as we'd all like for stepan to just sit until the cups finals (assuming that) He will play if its any sort of possiblity for him in g5.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Hoping it's not a concussion. The trainers couldn't miss that right? Id rest him another game w the lead

NYRCSKA*

Dom Moore has been very serviceable. Not his fault he's in this situation and he definitely is far from a liability on defense, which at the end of the day is more important for fill in players. I think Stepan plays game 5

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Dom Moore has been very serviceable. Not his fault he's in this situation and he definitely is far from a liability on defense, which at the end of the day is more important for fill in players. I think Stepan plays game 5
Im not bashing Dom Moore. As a 4th liner and PK he is tremendous. Im not blaming him since he was forced into teh top line because of injuries

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Gee, looks like our "not a #1" center was sorely missed tonight. Stepan may not be the prototypical #1 center, but, his presence seems to give our top line focus and direction.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Stepan was really missed last night. that line looked lost out there in the offensive and defensive zone without him. We should get rid of him though because he only has 11 points in 17 games in the playoffs.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Stepan was really missed last night. that line looked lost out there in the offensive and defensive zone without him. We should get rid of him though because he only has 11 points in 17 games in the playoffs.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I like D. Moore but he is definitely a downgrade from Stepan, that line looked a little off. However, it's no surprise that our faceoff percentage improved without Stepan in the lineup. :laugh:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I like D. Moore but he is definitely a downgrade from Stepan, that line looked a little off. However, it's no surprise that our faceoff percentage improved without Stepan in the lineup. :laugh:

Of course, but it's a heck of a lot better than putting Boyle or Miller on that line.

Moore is going to have to do until Stepan can play. There isn't really another option versatile enough to play that spot.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think even if Stepan is ready to go Tuesday night, we should still keep him out. If it comes to a game 6, we play him there. The way the Canadiens have gone about this series, via actions to the media and on the ice, I don't know; I find myself hesitant re-inserting a non-100% Stepan in this series.

Still, nothing would please me more than ending this one on their ice, and finishing Prusts' season two games earlier than the rest of his teammates :yo:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think even if Stepan is ready to go Tuesday night, we should still keep him out. If it comes to a game 6, we play him there. The way the Canadiens have gone about this series, via actions to the media and on the ice, I don't know; I find myself hesitant re-inserting a non-100% Stepan in this series.

Still, nothing would please me more than ending this one on their ice, and finishing Prusts' season two games earlier than the rest of his teammates :yo:

I agree long term (not to mention not weakening our hand in the SCF) that Stepan should sit out as long as possible/necessary.

We can take these clowns. Let Stepan heal. Properly, or at least as best possible. Contact during an NHL game does not seem to be conducive to that.

I stand by my guarantee, looking good, even though AV tempting fate and pushing it by not going with my suggested line pairings.

Kreider - Miller - MSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad