Injury Report: Stepan Broken Jaw. No timeline. Prust susp. 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Yea? Please tell us about our players screaming bloody murder over the Prust hit and our coach threatening your players

Everyone who saw the hit knowns Brassard injured his shoulder. MT was stating the obvious. Of course the other team will get physical with him. What else do you expect? It's not a threat.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
My theory is this: Canadiens are showing a pattern of targeting our centers. In game one it was Brassard going down in the first five minutes of that game. Game three, in the first five minutes again, they target Steps. This team is playing like a bunch of thugs. I'm thinking Richards will be next.

We need to start dumping the puck into Subban's corner and have Kreider destroy him on the forecheck a few times.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
My theory is this: Canadiens are showing a pattern of targeting our centers. In game one it was Brassard going down in the first five minutes of that game. Game three, in the first five minutes again, they target Steps. This team is playing like a bunch of thugs. I'm thinking Richards will be next.

I was thinking the same thing. If Richard is targeted, so much for randomness. Hope Rangers just stay focused and don't get distracted by all this nonsense. Carcillo out could actually be ok in such a setting. Rangers are so much better right now that the only thing that could stop them is this bs getting them to change their game.

Not sure if I will be able to see tonights game as it stats 2 am here, but will be surprised when I wake up and Zuccarello doesn't have a 2 og 5 minute roughing penalty, and hopefully makes a fool of some Montreal goon. Would be hillarious.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I was thinking the same thing. If Richard is targeted, so much for randomness. Hope Rangers just stay focused and don't get distracted by all this nonsense. Carcillo out could actually be ok in such a setting. Rangers are so much better right now that the only thing that could stop them is this bs getting them to change their game.

Not sure if I will be able to see tonights game as it stats 2 am here, but will be surprised when I wake up and Zuccarello doesn't have a 2 og 5 minute roughing penalty, and hopefully makes a fool of some Montreal goon. Would be hillarious.
Or it could be D. Moore they target next. It's hard to tell with thugs.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
The one thing in all of this is that Vigneault is so classy. Compared to to that sleaze-ball Therrien he has handled everything very well...

BarbaraAlphanse

I wonder if AV means by "Therrien will be in a lot of trouble" that he will destroy the plexi-glass barrier and proceed to give a beat down.

He was an enforcer during his playing days, after all... :dunno:

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I forgot who but someone mentioned that if an opposing player deliberately took out another player, either:

A.) That player remains suspended until the injured player returns to the line-up, or;

B.) The team suffers by forfeiting a roster spot.

That would be quite something.

This wouldn't work.

A guy can make a heat of passion type decision and injure a player on a reckless hit, end that guy's career, effectively ending his career or forcing his team to play short a roster spot? What if he switched teams? To do this you'd have to limit it to intentional offenses and then you'd have to determine the intent of players when they are making split second decisions, which just isn't really possible. The current system doesn't work but this wouldn't either.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder if AV means by "Therrien will be in a lot of trouble" that he will destroy the plexi-glass barrier and proceed to give a beat down.

He was an enforcer during his playing days, after all... :dunno:

I'm fairly confident that AV can actually shout so loud he'll knock Therrien onto his ass. Man got voice

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I personally didn't think that Brass hit was bad. Step was a late hit no question.

With all the media fanfare going on, the Habs would/will find themselves in serious hot water if there's another questionable hit on an NYR center. AV has not hesitated from drawing attention to problematic stuff so far. The NHL will protect it's product if it comes to that. The Habs are not above the NHL.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I personally didn't think that Brass hit was bad. Step was a late hit no question.

With all the media fanfare going on, the Habs would/will find themselves in serious hot water if there's another questionable hit on an NYR center. AV has not hesitated from drawing attention to problematic stuff so far. The NHL will protect it's product if it comes to that. The Habs are not above the NHL.

They sure think they are.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014

They sure think they are.

There is a reason there is a saying "Montreal Typical".

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I really wish he stayed above the fray, but now I'm disappointed. Don't get down in the gutter with these snakes.

AV: We Were Treated Very Unfairly:

Now the Complainiens will take a shot at D Moore to throw a curve. When everyone is expecting them to go after Brassard again. I can't wait for this game to start.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
I really wish he stayed above the fray, but now I'm disappointed. Don't get down in the gutter with these snakes.

AV: We Were Treated Very Unfairly:

Now the Complainiens will take a shot at D Moore to throw a curve. When everyone is expecting them to go after Brassard again. I can't wait for this game to start.

Don't think it matters who. If another Ranger goes down on a borderline or worse hit there will be no reason for AV to keep up the facade that they're not purposefully injuring players and to respond in kind.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Do you know if it was local or general anesthesia for the surgery? If general it is doubtful he would feel well enough to play, or get cleared. If local, with a cage and a lot of guts, maybe.

I'm sitting with a friend who does it for a living. He said it's definitely general anesthesia.

NYRCSKA*

If I were the coach, I would put a scrub on and say 'I want you to rough up maxpac up all game until he cant remember his own name."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad