Injury Report: Stepan Broken Jaw. No timeline. Prust susp. 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think even if Stepan is ready to go Tuesday night, we should still keep him out. If it comes to a game 6, we play him there. The way the Canadiens have gone about this series, via actions to the media and on the ice, I don't know; I find myself hesitant re-inserting a non-100% Stepan in this series.

Still, nothing would please me more than ending this one on their ice, and finishing Prusts' season two games earlier than the rest of his teammates :yo:

I don't know about that. If Stepan is ready to go at a level that elevates our collective quality of the lines, then you play him. Habs can whine and moan all they won't, I want the best line up we can get going at any time. You don't take the risk of Montreal getting momentum by winning after we don't play a Stepan who was good to go.

There is no doubt that Moore is better suited on the fourth line than the first, and we have had an incredible fourth line for a long time. I don't want to break them up unless we absolutely have to.

The only reason I would wait to insert a ready Stepan back in the line up was if the extra game out would reduce a chance of further injury (or re-injury) significantly.

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
I don't know about that. If Stepan is ready to go at a level that elevates our collective quality of the lines, then you play him. Habs can whine and moan all they won't, I want the best line up we can get going at any time. You don't take the risk of Montreal getting momentum by winning after we don't play a Stepan who was good to go.

There is no doubt that Moore is better suited on the fourth line than the first, and we have had an incredible fourth line for a long time. I don't want to break them up unless we absolutely have to.

The only reason I would wait to insert a ready Stepan back in the line up was if the extra game out would reduce a chance of further injury (or re-injury) significantly.

Because of injury, he can also wear the full helmet that covers the jaw too. Should be ok to play

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach

Perfectly said ^^^

Cake or Death

Aside from his scoring and never missing an NHL game prior to the dirty hit, this pic so well illustrates what I love about this dude. Loose puck, Ovechkin on the door step, Step is on it and in perfect position defensively. Hope he recovers well and he'll be missed till he's back in.

1239744_10151978410519858_861091829_n.jpg

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Aside from his scoring and never missing an NHL game prior to the dirty hit, this pic so well illustrates what I love about this dude. Loose puck, Ovechkin on the door step, Step is on it and in perfect position defensively. Hope he recovers well and he'll be missed till he's back in.

1239744_10151978410519858_861091829_n.jpg

But he's slow and stupid and not athletic.

:rolleyes:

Need Step back if we get past MTL and wanna hang with any of the C's on the Western teams.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Some balls if he plays 5 days after suffering a broken jaw.

not to question his toughness, but I think it was just a hairline fracture. Its repaired and outside of another hit on his jaw there is nothing he can do to damage it further.

AHB*

not to question his toughness, but I think it was just a hairline fracture. Its repaired and outside of another hit on his jaw there is nothing he can do to damage it further.

But Montreal knows right where he's injured, no?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Emphasize the word LATE and Blindsided. That puck is nowhere near Stefan.

That's a 5 minute major in any other game, no? I mean he makes the pass, skates around Vanek and then two strides later gets a shoulder/elbow to the face. Still pisses me off when I see that ref standing right there...even if he misses the head shot how the hell is it not an interference???

Cake or Death

Emphasize the word LATE and Blindsided. That puck is nowhere near Stefan.

For sure. The puck is about two feet shy of the center ice line when he gets hit, about 40 feet away. When Stepan released the puck, Prust was about 20 feet away. It is beyond comprehension how the refs missed this. But then it was beyond comprehension how they missed the dives and embellishments yesterday, as well as J.T. Miller being driven into the post from behind, when he never touched the puck. I'm sure I have homer goggles on and there are calls against us we got away with, just that our guys seem to be getting hurt at a rate close to a guy a game and two of those plays were blatant penalties.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
That's a 5 minute major in any other game, no? I mean he makes the pass, skates around Vanek and then two strides later gets a shoulder/elbow to the face. Still pisses me off when I see that ref standing right there...even if he misses the head shot how the hell is it not an interference???

After Stepan passes the puck off the boards--he's just beginning his third stride when he gets hit. LOL at those who believe there was no penalty at all or at most just a 2 minute interference penalty. It's not even a matter of admiring your pass--players don't expect to get hit that late after making a play. The best excuse that Prust could have for his hit is that he was the one who wasn't paying attention--that he thought Stepan still had the puck. He didn't use that as an excuse--he knew what he was doing. To add to that it was a blindside hit and high. Matt Cooke does **** like that--or at least he used to. That's why Marc Savard doesn't play anymore. The NHL's Department of Player Safety is one big ****ing crock--if the people in it can't figure out by now that it's hits like these that lead to concussions and permanent injuries what good is it? Without appropriate penalties for hits like this they are going to keep on reoccurring.

Personally I didn't think Prust was such a jack ass before--now I know better.

AHB*

Didn't Getzlaf return almost immediately after a broken jaw these playoffs? If he could, then Derek can do it as well.

Broken jaws are not all the same. We have no clue if Getzlaf's injury is relative to Stepan's in any way.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Broken jaws are not all the same. We have no clue if Getzlaf's injury is relative to Stepan's in any way.

A positive note is he was able to fly with the team, usually after surgery that's a no-no. Whether this means he plays or not tommorrow will probaly have a lot to do with the practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad