Prospect Info: Stefan Matteau

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Stupid penalty in the first and seemed nervous at times but he is an absolute tank... Twice in the first two periods did someone try to hit him at open ice without succeeding, and he crushed a dude in the first. He seems to hit a lot better than DSP.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Him and Mccarron are so refreshing!

Finally young players with mean streaks who loves physical play.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
I thought he played a decent game last night outside of that bonehead holding penalty. If he realizes he's not a skilled guy and can just grind dem guyz and grind da puck every night he'll be effective. He's the right type of player for MT's 'system'; low iq and low skill but grind-ready.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I thought he played a decent game last night outside of that bonehead holding penalty. If he realizes he's not a skilled guy and can just grind dem guyz and grind da puck every night he'll be effective. He's the right type of player for MT's 'system'; low iq and low skill but grind-ready.

he plays a grinding power game. If he also crashed the net more it would be good

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I was shaking my head on his first shift, taking an unnecessary penalty right away after Ellis put him in a bad spot. I was thinking about what all those Devils fans said about him taking bad penalties. Such a bad first impression on a coach that has a history of benching young players who take bad penalties and make mistakes.

But then he jumps out of the box and has a great forecheck and creates something and shows them exactly what's good about him.

Hopeful he can form a good line with DLR and maybe Lessio or Mitchell.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
he plays a grinding power game. If he also crashed the net more it would be good

Yes, crashing the net consistently would really help him keep
an NHL job. If he ever got good at playing around the crease as
well, ( meaning tipping pucks, winning rebounds, screening, and
the like) he could become a very good pick-up.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I think he has the potential to be a physical third liner who can chip in 10-15 goals, I like the pickup.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Matteau looked good will be interesting to see if he plays as aggressively without the cage, and if he can generate some offense.

Meanwhile DSP is slotted on the Devils' first line tonight which should also be interesting.

incognito Burrito*

He played better than expected, but I didn't expect much.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Why is he wearing a cage?

513448486_slide.jpg

shout out to that icecaps fans and that kid from victo who made the trip lmao

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site

Come on. Nothing to complain about there. It's not like Eller doesn't take the exact same type of penalty. Or emelin or Subban late in a game for that matter.

I wouldn't get on the guy for taking one penalty just because he had a rep.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
He looked nice last night, but I want to see if he can keep up this intensity every game.

And btw, for those who worry about him taking stupid penalties: remember White? Last time I read he's doing fine with the Flyers. People do mature. Not always but it happens.

AlphaCentauri

Oct 11, 2015
Montreal
Why is he wearing a cage?

513448486_slide.jpg

shout out to that icecaps fans and that kid from victo who made the trip lmao

Quote: "Devils left wing Stefan Matteau considers himself "lucky in my bad luck" after being struck in the face with a deflected puck during practice Friday. The bad luck was that Matteau suffered a fracture in his right cheek and a pair of cuts about an inch-and-a-half below his right eye that required "10 to 15" stitches. The good luck was that the puck struck off the bottom of his visor and his right eye was not damaged."

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/h...n-matteau-lucky-to-avoid-eye-injury-1.1513109

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think this kid has an interesting skill set. Bottom 6 player? Probably an upside (if he is lucky) of his dad's.
He looks really solid on his skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad