Post-Game Talk: Steel City @ The District | 7:00p ET | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
I don't think this team is incapable of competing for a deep playoff run, but I do think they are without a decent to big shakeup. As constructed no Cup, the trade deadline we need to be ambitious with who we're willing to move.
Given the cap...I’m not sure what the appetite will be for teams around the league to make many big trades. I think they are pretty much stuck with what they have for now.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
It hasn’t been said that much but OV sure hasn’t looked very good this year. He’s invisible many games.

I think he’s out of shape again. Hopefully he picks up his fitness throughout the season

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
They got a point which is probably what they deserved. Almost a third of the way through the season and the team hasn’t shown that they can be a contender yet so I expect more of these ups and downs.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I read it as trying to win the faceoff/shutdown 87, he lost, then they got stuck out there. I bet had we won, he changes quickly....Crosby and Co kept the puck and they chased for waaaay too long....the rest is history.
Yeah I get that but still that’s a loser mentality. Cant trust Backstrom to win one face off? He’s having a down year in the dot, sure, but if it’s really that concerning make Oshie take the draw.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
xG at 5v5 were 1.87 to 1.77 for Pitt. That’s pretty darn close. Not saying the Caps played great, they didn’t, but the game was close.

Pittsburgh has 4 wins in regulation, 3 in OT, and 3 in the SO. They aren’t very good but for some reason the Caps have played quite bad against them this season. They’ve looked a lot better against everyone else (besides NYR).
Bingo, this is the worst division in hockey. This roster has way too much talent to not over come a new coach, jacked up offseason and to a lesser extent the goalie situation to some degree.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I get that but still that’s a loser mentality. Cant trust Backstrom to win one face off? He’s having a down year in the dot, sure, but if it’s really that concerning make Oshie take the draw.

Lol clearly not....I think the secondary option was that he and Oshie are dogged on the puck and they might have gotten it back quickly, then we change. Who knows....

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Nic DOWD in on overtime?!?!
upload_2021-2-23_21-54-2.gif

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Our 3 on 3 play is bizarrely bad. And that’s not hyperbole. How often do you see a pass to someone changing lines 3 on 3?

I also liked the bit where one of our guys dumped it in for a line change. (Okay he was passing it but our guy had already skated off for the change).

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Lol clearly not....I think the secondary option was that he and Oshie are dogged on the puck and they might have gotten it back quickly, then we change. Who knows....
Yea could be, so frustrating to get it back and Carlson just flubs it over to no one.

Anyway I just hate the coaching decision not to start your best players in OT. It’s 3v3, no need to overthink it. Just play the guys who scores goals

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Yea could be, so frustrating to get it back and Carlson just flubs it over to no one.

Anyway I just hate the coaching decision not to start your best players in OT. It’s 3v3, no need to overthink it. Just play the guys who scores goals

Some head scratching decisions made by Lavi so far. Should def be doing everything you can to get the 2 points in OT.

I also find it really weird how he isn't giving Sprong and TVR any games - at all. I'd sit Hathaway and see what Sprong can bring.
TVR is a very dependable stay at home D. Harder to give him a game unless they want to rest Chara, I suppose.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I was listening to the game most of the time doing work on another computer. Watched sporadically, and I found Caps chased the Pens often and couldnt ruin their breakout most of the time.

Nice two goals but nothing else besides that, at least I didnt catch anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad