Post-Game Talk: Steel City @ The District | 7:00p ET | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Our 3 on 3 play is bizarrely bad. And that’s not hyperbole. How often do you see a pass to someone changing lines 3 on 3?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
because the scored on a stupid 3v3 goal??? It was back and forth the last two periods who cares about 3v3
Pittsburgh is the far superior team. We look like the grit Caps of the 90s versus the skilled Lemieux teams.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
The reasoning for Dowd being out there is bizarre. Just playing to lose mentality from the very beginning. Put your scorers out there and go.

Reactions: Pomee

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
I don't think this team is incapable of competing for a deep playoff run, but I do think they are without a decent to big shakeup. As constructed no Cup, the trade deadline we need to be ambitious with who we're willing to move.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The reasoning for Dowd being out there is bizarre. Just playing to lose mentality from the very beginning. Put your scorers out there and go.

I read it as trying to win the faceoff/shutdown 87, he lost, then they got stuck out there. I bet had we won, he changes quickly....Crosby and Co kept the puck and they chased for waaaay too long....the rest is history.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The Pens carried the play all game.
xG at 5v5 were 1.87 to 1.77 for Pitt. That’s pretty darn close. Not saying the Caps played great, they didn’t, but the game was close.

Pittsburgh has 4 wins in regulation, 3 in OT, and 3 in the SO. They aren’t very good but for some reason the Caps have played quite bad against them this season. They’ve looked a lot better against everyone else (besides NYR).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad