Steam #16 - Summer Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Does 4k texture pack mean the textures are actually 4k? I don't think so, I think it's just a misnomer which means higher quality textures. Kind of like how textures might be more clear at 1080 that 720, but the textures are not all literally 1920x1080.

It's still incredibly wasteful at lower resolutions and isn't gonna run on any reasonable amount of VRAM

Well honestly I think you're right, it doesn't have a concrete meaning.

That said, at a 170GB download it better be damn close. :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone have experience with Fallout: New Vegas, Bioshock: The Collection or LA Noire on Windows 10 lately? I sold a bunch of my PUBG apparel on the marketplace and now I have some spare cash and was thinking about picking these up, but I read that a lot of people are having issues with crashing and such. I don't want to get them if it's going to be a headache, but I'd really like to play them.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
I randomly stumbled upon these forums, as I don't use HFboards a ton.

I do use Steam a ton, though! c:

Feel free to add me on Steam if you'd like to chat about Steam games and about how great the Habs are. :sarcasm:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ladysanta
(Just PM first or leave a comment on my steam profile as I get a ton of bot invites)

I've been collecting games for a year and a half now, and I -love- discovering hidden gems!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Does anyone have experience with Fallout: New Vegas, Bioshock: The Collection or LA Noire on Windows 10 lately? I sold a bunch of my PUBG apparel on the marketplace and now I have some spare cash and was thinking about picking these up, but I read that a lot of people are having issues with crashing and such. I don't want to get them if it's going to be a headache, but I'd really like to play them.

New Vegas has worked fine for me so far. If you're worried about crashes I believe there's a mod that fixes a lot of them. Idk about the other games though.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

New Vegas and Bioshock are both fine

La Noire is 30fps locked

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Really ****ing hate that they couldn't/wouldn't finish it. I mean, anything HL is basically instant revenue.
Valve profits more from Dota 2 in one month than they would from Half Life 3 in a year.

People ***** about EA and Activision but there isn't a gaming company as greedy and anti-consumer as Valve.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Plus they're just rolling in the money while sitting back doing nothing from Dota or CSGO. Plus Steam revenue. Developing a new game is a lot of work. Yes, they would make a lot of money on it, but how much more? I doubt it's worth it for them when they're looking at the grand total amount of work : money ratio. That's the businessman inside me anyway.

The gamer in me really wants to see it happen still. :( I feel like if I was in Gabe's position I would just make games out of pride at that point. They have an insane cashflow from Dota 2 or whatever plus the Steam store. I would want to make more amazing games and be able to say "We made this."

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Remember that half the reason they made half life was to market the source engine. Valve has always had a super corporate mindset, its kind of revisionism to say it only started once steam became the powerhouse it is now

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They would make a l4d3 before half life 3 I'm pretty sure no idea why. They're making a new ip in that hl universe before hl3 (unless hl3 gets announced or something in the next couple months which probably won't happen)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Valve profits more from Dota 2 in one month than they would from Half Life 3 in a year.

DotA came out years after Episode 2 though. The curious question here is why they decided to scrap the planned Episode 3 and jump to Half Life 3. Episode 3 would use the existing source engine, while HL3 would require something brand new and groundbreaking to live up to their standards.

No one would have complained about getting another source engine game to wrap up the current story which left on a cliff hanger, and they probably could have pushed that out in two years releasing in 2009.

It's a shame because it was somewhere in that time span of extra years to develop HL3 over HL2e3 that Valve lost their way with the Half Life series. DOTA development didn't begin development until 2009, and released in 2013.That was roughly the time frame where they seemed to lose interest in Half Life.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
They would make a l4d3 before half life 3 I'm pretty sure no idea why. They're making a new ip in that hl universe before hl3 (unless hl3 gets announced or something in the next couple months which probably won't happen)
It seems to me that if Valve is putting out a 3rd piece to either of these games it's going to be in VR.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
It's a bloody shame that we're likely not going to be seeing HL3. While it might not make as much as DOTA or CS:GO do, they would still make 10x as much as they put into it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I still have hopes that they don't even announce a Half Life 3, just one year put it out on April 1 and make a big ad on the store page. I would love to see the pandemonium that would cause on the internet.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Hey Lady Santa, that's very generous of you - and people in this thread do that, and appreciate it, but we recently had a poster have someone try and compromise his Steam account after posting keys like that. You might want to edit the post and remove the keys, and just hand them out via PM.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
Hey Lady Santa, that's very generous of you - and people in this thread do that, and appreciate it, but we recently had a poster have someone try and compromise his Steam account after posting keys like that. You might want to edit the post and remove the keys, and just hand them out via PM.

Oh - I don't understand. How would someone do that with game keys?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Oh - I don't understand. How would someone do that with game keys?

Not sure exactly, seemed like they were somehow triggering security alerts on peoples accounts? Could be that some places that give you keys, like say Humble Bundle, are connected to your Steam account.

But either way you're best off posting the games title and letting people PM you for keys. Or even with the keys, so people know what they'd be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad