Speculation: status of our D post Deangelo

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Odd Man Rush made a video dedicated to Tony DeAngelo. Apparently, there was alot of things pointing towards that he would be thrown off this team, @TrueBlue. He has been repeatedly suspended and thrown off teams before because of his headcase behaviour. But, I guess NYR at least hoped at the age of 25 that he would've matured enough to have stopped doing the idiotic things, especially off the ice. Apparently not.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Odd Man Rush made a video dedicated to Tony DeAngelo. Apparently, there was alot of things pointing towards that he would be thrown off this team, @TrueBlue. He has been repeatedly suspended and thrown off teams before because of his headcase behaviour. But, I guess NYR at least hoped at the age of 25 that he would've matured enough to have stopped doing the idiotic things, especially off the ice. Apparently not.
Gorton did his due diligence and made the move for him. While taking into account what happened in the past, it was not going to simply rule the future.

After some tough love, he was a model citizen and teammate. And his performance spoke for itself. Claiming that he has been repeatedly suspended and thrown off teams is a bit of hyperbole. He was suspended once in juniors as an 18 year old. He was suspended for 3 games for abuse of official once. And that's it. He was been traded from teams, but never thrown off teams (until now).

Then came the tough love and he was great. Then he went meshugganah.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
You are absolutely allowed to say that.

He is another sign of excellent scouting. Him, Rooney, Blackwell......all picked up off other scrap heaps but playing well in their roles here.
Do you remember how many people were mocking those signings, these guys have stepped in and given tremendous depth to the roster.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Do you remember how many people were mocking those signings, these guys have stepped in and given tremendous depth to the roster.
Yup..fully agree. Not many had too many good things to say about them for sure . I left it alone until I saw them play some first.....a lot don't realize you need the muckers do do lots of grunt work and it does not hurt to have one or two in the top 9 mix of forwards.....playoff type hockey players are needed to finish out a roster . The scouts certainly did a real good job here on these guys . We might not have a win this year without them....

Reactions: eco's bones

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Yup..fully agree. Not many had too many good things to say about them for sure . I left it alone until I saw them play some first.....a lot don't realize you need the muckers do do lots of grunt work and it does not hurt to have one or two in the top 9 mix of forwards.....playoff type hockey players are needed to finish out a roster . The scouts certainly did a real good job here on these guys . We might not have a win this year without them....
You need depth to push players throughout the lineup and to fill for injuries. These guys have done both, without them this rough start to the season would be a wasteland and I dont think that is an extreme statement given what has gone on here with injuries, illness, and slow starts. PDG also needs to be added to this group. Even though he was here last year he is a no name no talent buzzsaw that is now an NHL player based on energy, effort, and consistent play. He is a guy I want on my team in a 4th line role, and he has played up and down the lineup as needed and helped just as blackwell was doing before his injury.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Gorton did his due diligence and made the move for him. While taking into account what happened in the past, it was not going to simply rule the future.

After some tough love, he was a model citizen and teammate. And his performance spoke for itself. Claiming that he has been repeatedly suspended and thrown off teams is a bit of hyperbole. He was suspended once in juniors as an 18 year old. He was suspended for 3 games for abuse of official once. And that's it. He was been traded from teams, but never thrown off teams (until now).

Then came the tough love and he was great. Then he went meshugganah.

I'll say it again. He became too comfortable with his surroundings. A relatively loving and definitely first-class work environment, friends for teammates, monetary reward for a job well done. Then the tempest that he kept in check came rushing back.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'll say it again. He became too comfortable with his surroundings. A relatively loving and definitely first-class work environment, friends for teammates, monetary reward for a job well done. Then the tempest that he kept in check came rushing back.
I think it would be silly to pretend that this did not play a huge part

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
You are absolutely allowed to say that.

He is another sign of excellent scouting. Him, Rooney, Blackwell......all picked up off other scrap heaps but playing well in their roles here.

If this was as Cup team, those guys would be perfect Black Aces.

Reactions: leetch99

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Big fan of OMR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad