WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool: Year 6

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I knew it. I freakin' knew it!

If it makes you feel any better I think the 3rd Fin goal which shows are points by 3 defenseman(those kind goals are rare) was actually a secondary assist by Vesalainen so you might get 1 from that, if you're lucky and the IIHF personnel is in a good mood.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
If it makes you feel any better I think the 3rd Fin goal which shows are points by 3 defenseman(those kind goals are rare) was actually a secondary assist by Vesalainen so you might get 1 from that, if you're lucky and the IIHF personnel is in a good mood.
Damn, they changed it so he did ;)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Standings after Day 3

StandingsTableDay3.png

Khabby and WeThreeKings each had productive days finishing with 7 points each. WTK leads the pack with 19 and Khabby now pulls into a 3 way logjam for 2nd with Tom and Tade at 16.

Here are today's totals:

Khabby - 7 pts
WeThreeKings - 7 pts
Tade - 6 pts
FightingSioux - 5 pts
Woodhouse - 5 pts
Tomsburninghat - 4 pts
Canada4Gold - 2 pts
Statsy - 1 pt

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gonna hope for a big game from Sokolov against Belarus.

Hopefully Poehling makes up for his egregious play on the Slovaks winning goal with a dominant performance against Canada.

Seriously, did anybody watch him float into the zone and stare at the Slovak with the puck before just skating behind the net like a moron? Brutal.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Today should be another fun day especially with the Canada/US outdoor game. A little more on the line this time too if Canada can take down the US it could mean their tournament...What is everyone's thoughts on the outdoor game. I'm excited to watch it but I'm not sure it belongs in this tournament.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Today should be another fun day especially with the Canada/US outdoor game. A little more on the line this time too if Canada can take down the US it could mean their tournament...What is everyone's thoughts on the outdoor game. I'm excited to watch it but I'm not sure it belongs in this tournament.

I hate outdoor games. As my friend put it, "It would be like having the NFL play a game in desert sands."

It's an inferior product because the ice is terrible.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Not a huge fan of outdoor games either, but I do understand that they had to try this at least once. At least this will boost their average attendance numbers which have been hurting.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Tkachuk robbed of an assist on the second goal, hopefully that changes!

If I am correct, the play went

Tkachuk -> Perunovich -> Mittelstadt -> Perunovich.

I believe IIHF scores it in a way that no assist is given since Perunovich touched it again after Tkachuk before the goal.

Not 100% sure though.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
If I am correct, the play went

Tkachuk -> Perunovich -> Mittelstadt -> Perunovich.

I believe IIHF scores it in a way that no assist is given since Perunovich touched it again after Tkachuk before the goal.

Not 100% sure though.
You are 100% correct. Multiple assists have been left off the board due to that scoring system already, including one earlier today to Manukyan.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Right now, Oettinger has as many assists as my defense and goalie combined have pool points. :laugh:
It's a good news/bad news situation for Tomsburninghat. He doesn't get a goalie assist because we aren't counting those (as we discussed during the draft), but he DOES get credited with a goal for the Bellows shootout winner.

Reactions: Tomsburninghat

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Idiot Motzko.. Peeke was one of your best Ds in the first two games and he doesn't play?
Same deal for Makar. The previous game when Clague was out, Makar was the top defensman, receiving heavy minutes. Clague comes back and Makar goes from being top pairing to barely playing. It's mind boggling.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Same deal for Makar. The previous game when Clague was out, Makar was the top defensman, receiving heavy minutes. Clague comes back and Makar goes from being top pairing to barely playing. It's mind boggling.

Clague is a plug, too.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Standings after Day 4

StandingsTableDay4.png

Tom had a huge day with 8 points, and even better for him, the majority of the field struggled. He bolts into a 4 point lead with 24 while Tade's 4 points put him second with 20. Woodhouse also had a decent day picking up 5 points (all helpers). WeThreeKings didn't have many guys in action today and was held off the board, dropping him from first to third. This has been a low scoring tournament to this point, so the spread from top to bottom is nothing that can't be made up in a couple of productive days.

Here are the totals from today:

Tomsburninghat - 8 pts
Woodhouse - 5 pts
Tade - 4 pts
FightingSioux - 3 pts
Statsy - 3 pts
Canada4Gold - 2 pts
Khabby - 1 pt
WeThreeKings - 0 pts

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Canada better play Hart tomorrow. giving Point the 2 potential shutouts would be deadly for my chances here. They'll probably play Point again, he'll get another shutout and the coaches will probably think that's enough to give Point the medal games. That's what happened with Ingram last year to my advantage here.

Also if Clague could not be completely awful that would be awesome, thanks :)

I also picked the wrong skilled American forward

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Canada better play Hart tomorrow. giving Point the 2 potential shutouts would be deadly for my chances here. They'll probably play Point again, he'll get another shutout and the coaches will probably think that's enough to give Point the medal games. That's what happened with Ingram last year to my advantage here.

Also if Clague could not be completely awful that would be awesome, thanks :)
In the last four pools I've been in (two this year and two last year), I've had two third string goalies and a backup out of my four goalies. So cry me a river about your precious four point game. :laugh:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The official stat keeping has not been good this year. They gave out assists to the wrong players in the Russia game yesterday.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
The official stat keeping has not been good this year. They gave out assists to the wrong players in the Russia game yesterday.
Yes, it's been driving me crazy all week. A couple of years ago I was considering doing the scoring myself for all games (which is quite doable as we have footage for each one), but then they tightened things up a couple of years ago, so I dropped the idea.

They have still been making corrections on lots of scoring plays, but not all of them. They just publish the scoring play that the ref gives them whereas the NHL seems to do a quick video review before they even announce the goal, so the IIHF is incorrect to start with on many occasions. I may have to reconsider doing scoring reviews myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00