WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool: Year 6

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
It is such a close race. Quite big day ahead of us!

Josep Woll no longer being the starter could be the reason for me to not being able to medal this year! :( At least I got 4 points out of him in 1 game, lol. I think the US will go with Oettinger from now on. Hopefully I am wrong! :D

Forwards are stepping up big time for me. Hopefully Liljegren will start to do something, and I am also very disappointed to see Hogberg as 7th defenseman, did not expect this.

Despite the inferior on-ice product, I have to say that I enjoyed yesterday's outdoor game. Even though NHL is full of outdoor games nowadays, it's still a nice change when it's junior hockey and CAN vs USA...

Good luck today guys!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hart is starting tonight so I'm good. Clague and Yamamoto have both been beyond useless though so I'm still going to complain about them.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
It is such a close race. Quite big day ahead of us!

Josep Woll no longer being the starter could be the reason for me to not being able to medal this year! :( At least I got 4 points out of him in 1 game, lol. I think the US will go with Oettinger from now on. Hopefully I am wrong! :D

Forwards are stepping up big time for me. Hopefully Liljegren will start to do something, and I am also very disappointed to see Hogberg as 7th defenseman, did not expect this.

Despite the inferior on-ice product, I have to say that I enjoyed yesterday's outdoor game. Even though NHL is full of outdoor games nowadays, it's still a nice change when it's junior hockey and CAN vs USA...

Good luck today guys!
Super surprised how much I actually enjoyed yesterday's outdoor game. I rarely watch the NHL ones anymore but I think because of the heavy snow and the fact it was a great game, I was engaged and loved it! And yeah, stoked to see Oettinger get some time even though it meant Canada losing...

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Super surprised how much I actually enjoyed yesterday's outdoor game. I rarely watch the NHL ones anymore but I think because of the heavy snow and the fact it was a great game, I was engaged and loved it! And yeah, stoked to see Oettinger get some time even though it meant Canada losing...
Lots of guys were losing their minds on this forum, but my biggest concern was that the players weren't going to be as intense as usual in a Canada/USA game, and of course, the guys went full tilt and really wanted to rip each other's heads off. Those two teams just can't play an uninteresting game against one another. Even though the conditions weren't as ideal as the organizers were hoping for, I think it was still pretty damn entertaining.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Standings After Day 5:

StandingsTableDay5.png

Tomsburninghat continues to be on fire (which is no surprise as it is, in fact, a burning hat), with an 8 point day that stretches his lead to 5 points. His is the only point-per-game team at the moment. WTK, Khabby, and C4G also collected loads of points today, allowing them to grab spots 2 through 4. Tade's quiet day drops him from 2nd to 5th. Statsy and and Woodhouse are still in medal contention but need to pick things up. FightingSioux just hasn't had things go his way this tourney and again collected a mere 2 points to remain well back of the pack.

Today's Totals:

Canada4Gold - 9 pts
Khabby - 9 pts
Tomsburninghat - 8 pts
WeThreeKings - 8 pts
Statsy - 6 pts
Woodhouse - 4 pts
Tade - 3 pts
FightingSioux - 2 pts

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Just terrible day all around for me. Thomas and Steel both scored goal but could not get any damn assist. :/ Hogberg scored own goal, can I be credited with point for that? :D

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
After Day 6:

StandingsTableDay6.png

That's all she wrote for the preliminary round! The numbers have been tallied and it's incredibly close. WTK and Tom are tied atop the table with 33 points each while Khabby and Tade (who had a big 9 point day) are tied just one measly point back at 32. Woodhouse and C4G are still easily within striking distance. FightingSioux had his first big day of the tourney picking up a solid 9 points today.

Today's Totals:

Tade - 9 pts
FightingSioux - 9 pts
Woodhouse - 8 pts
Khabby - 6 pts
WeThreeKings - 6 pts
Statsy - 4 pts
Canada4Gold - 4 pts
Tomsburninghat - 1 pt

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I had to watch the Spengler Cup game when I woke so I had to watch all the WJC games on tape delay today. That meant I couldn't check in on the forum at all during the day as I didn't want to see any results. I think I went through some withdrawal there! Now that I'm here let me weigh in on this:

...aaaaand Skarek drops the ball. :shakehead
Skarek didn't just drop the ball today, he punctured and stomped on it. No more ball. He probably got a pre-game pep talk from Swiss coach Christian Wohlwend. :laugh:

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I must say this is probably one of the closest we have had yet heading into the medal rounds with only a 9 point gap between first and last

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
This is the runner up team (players YOU miss)
Colton Point 4
Vladislav Syomin 4
Vojtek Budik 3
Vladislav Gabrus 2
Samuel Bucek 6
Martin Kaut 5
Artur Kayamov 5
Joona Koppanen 4
Marco Miranda 4
Georgi Ivanov 4
Maxim Sushko 4
Point 45

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Colton Point 4
Vladislav Syomin 4
Vojtek Budik 3
Vladislav Gabrus 2
Samuel Bucek 6
Martin Kaut 5
Artur Kayamov 5
Joona Koppanen 4
Marco Miranda 4
Georgi Ivanov 4
Maxim Sushko 4
Point 45

Sushko Kayumov and Bucek were on my list too.

Stupid Poehling.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Colton Point 4
Vladislav Syomin 4
Vojtek Budik 3
Vladislav Gabrus 2
Samuel Bucek 6
Martin Kaut 5
Artur Kayamov 5
Joona Koppanen 4
Marco Miranda 4
Georgi Ivanov 4
Maxim Sushko 4
Point 45

Not sure why you're combining them all as if they were a team. There are 11 guys there, and you're exceeding 6 forwards.

Shushko, Miranda, Kaymov, Kaut, Bucek and Point were all on my list though. Just didn't get down to the point where I wanted them.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure why you're combining them all as if they were a team. There are 11 guys there, and you're exceeding 6 forwards.

Shushko, Miranda, Kaymov, Kaut, Bucek and Point were all on my list though. Just didn't get down to the point where I wanted them.
It's merely an example of guys we could have chosen and presumably he didn't just list six forwards as there were some ties in points there.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's merely an example of guys we could have chosen and presumably he didn't just list six forwards as there were some ties in points there.

He did call it the runner up team and added up the points together as if it were a team. It seemed to me like he was trying to make a team out of the best players not picked but he mostly used forwards so maybe not.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Quiet board today...one could say the board is bored. How is everyone feeling about Thursday's semis? Canada should be strong vs the Czechs but they are surprising a few...they could shock...reminiscent of those Hasek years and Necas is no slouch. US v Sweden? That one should be the game of the tournament so far...

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
After Quarterfinals:

StandingsTableQF.png

I don't know what else to say about the standings other than HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY S********TTTT!!!

Here are today's numbers:

Woodhouse - 9 pts
Statsy - 9 pts
Canada4Gold - 8 pts
Tomsburninghat - 7 pts
Tade - 6 pts
Khabby - 6 pts
WeThreeKings - 5 pts
FightingSioux - 2 pts

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
After Quarterfinals:

StandingsTableQF.png

I don't know what else to say about the standings other than HOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYY S********TTTT!!!

Here are today's numbers:

Woodhouse - 9 pts
Statsy - 9 pts
Canada4Gold - 8 pts
Tomsburninghat - 7 pts
Tade - 6 pts
Khabby - 6 pts
WeThreeKings - 5 pts
FightingSioux - 2 pts
WOW! Fighting Sioux is soooo out of it! What? Was there something else?

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Nice work everyone, this has easily been one of the best years! As the band the Byrds once sang...To everything - turn, turn, tournament. There is a Jr hockey season - turn, turn, tournament. And a time to every purpose under regulation time... whatever :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->