WJC: Statsy's WJC Pool: Year 6

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
I am in 3 WJC pools on the boards, and I am in 2nd in all of them.... need to take first somewhere!!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm surprised I'm hanging in there with Lias Andersson being hurt, Poehling proving why I didn't want the Habs to draft him in the first place and the Czechs leaving Chytil on an island.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm surprised I'm hanging in there with Lias Andersson being hurt, Poehling proving why I didn't want the Habs to draft him in the first place and the Czechs leaving Chytil on an island.
I think everyone in that grouping could probably say something similar. I'm more or less hanging in there as a one-line team with Mittelstadt, Nylander, and Necas, only making up ground when depth contributes to the scoresheet.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Lias only got hurt at the end of last game. It's only now that you'll feel the pinch if he can't go. I'm surprised Poehling hasn't done more, to be honest. Saw him at the U18 and he did everything. As for Chytil, I would hardly say he's been on his own. Lots of good Czech scorers this year.

But hey, all of our teams have holes in them somewhere. My goalie is Jakob Skarek. He was fortunate to have even seen the net again after Korenar beat Russia. What did he do with that opportunity? Anybody who watched him sieve out in his last game knows the answer to that. I took Ryan Lindgren hoping he would get lots of ice time. He does, but he won't leave his own damn defensive zone. I've also got Quinn Hughes who won't go INTO his own damn defensive zone. The US coaches were so frustrated with his lack of defensive awareness that he's essentially been benched. And then there's my Finns. It's almost a running joke that every year I go heavy on drafting them is their down year. When I don't, they are the class of the tourney. It's unbelievable.

Oh, well. Some guys are doing the job for me at least.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I've got 2 of the sometimes injured Canadian defencemen who don't want to score, the defensive Canadian center, the Czech scoring winger that somehow got demoted to the 4th line, the Swede winger who gets put with total nobodies, and was dumb enough to pick Yamamoto instead of Mittlestadt and am somehow only 4 points back. It's a battle of who wants to lose the least this year :laugh:

Reactions: Statsy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I figured there weren't enough teams tied for 2nd so I decided I should jump into the fray as well with a 2 point Blichfeld game to make it a 5 way tie for 2nd ;)

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Yes! Skarek is back in! Two more points for me as soon as the Czechs score the next six goals or so.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
After Semifinals:

StandingsTableSF.png

Alrighty then! Just two games left in this damn thing and amazingly just 2 points separate the top 6 spots. So with that said, it's now or never. All or nothing. Do or die. Win or go home. Backs against the wall. A stitch in time saves nine. A picture is worth a thousand words. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. I think that about covers it. Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Here are today's numbers:

Canada4Gold - 7 pts
Tade - 6 pts
Woodhouse - 4 pts
Statsy - 4 pts
Khabby - 4 pts
WeThreeKings - 4 pts
Tomsburninghat - 3 pts
FightingSioux - 0 pts

Reactions: Tomsburninghat

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I thought my pool was close the other day when it was 5 of us withing 1 point. 75% of the pool within 2 points entering the final day is insane. Hope my Canadian contingent can come thought tomorrow. It would help if Yamamoto was good to go to. He needs to light up the Czechs, that or Safin needs to do something.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Will the US play Oettinger in the Bronze medal match? That's really my only hope...having no goalie has made the difference for my team. Not to mention my Canadians got going early but watching that Howden line play they are taking control for Canada. Should be an even more exciting final two games. Great work again everyone...it's been a fun one!!!

Reactions: Statsy

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
After the Bronze medal game:

Tomsburninghat - 49
Tade - 46
Khabby - 44
WeThreeKings - 44
Woodhouse - 44
Canada4gold- 43
Statsy - 39
FightingSioux - 30

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
almost everyone passed me :(

Well time for the 2-0 Canada win with McLeod scoring both goals 1 from Mete, the other from Clague.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
After 2 periods of the gold medal game:

Tomsburninghat - 50
Tade - 47
Khabby - 45
WeThreeKings - 44
Woodhouse - 44
Canada4gold- 44
Statsy - 40
FightingSioux - 30

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just double checking to make sure, but we agreed that the gold medal winning goalie gets 4 bonus points right? :sarcasm:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Final Standings:

StandingsTableFinal.png

What a great final day! Tom finishes in style with a big 7 point effort to wrap up the gold! Tade and C4G finish tied with 47 points, but Tade takes the silver on the tiebreaker of most goals, leaving Canada4Gold with the Bronze. Congrats to those three guys for a job well done this year!

Today's Totals:

Tomsburninghat - 7 pts
FightingSioux - 4 pts
Canada4gold - 4 pts
Khabby - 4 pts
Woodhouse - 3 pts
Tade - 3 pts
WeThreeKings - 2pts
Statsy - 2 pts

We had an impressively close pool this year. Almost as entertaining as the tournament itself. Thanks to everyone for playing and we will hopefully see you all again next year!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->