Pool: Statsy's WJC Pool: 8th Edition

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was going to Holtzster this pick until later but someone Lucas me one guy I was going to take. The other I would have taken anyRay.

Alexander Holtz and Lucas Raymond

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Arthur Kaliyev. I can’t really think of any pun for this guy that would be a work of Art, so I’ll just skip it.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Just my Type, I hope I can sharpen my team's offensive abilities with this blacksmith. That's right, I'm pleased to select Team Canada D Ty Smith!

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
All my puns for this one would are a bit Fage, so if its all the Samuel to you, Ill take Samuel Fagemo - F - SWE

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Im Berggrening to think he doesnt like to make puns, I think he needs a Doroferev-r

Not to hog all of the fun, but Ill take Nils Hoglander - F - SWE

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jan Jenik pick is Jan Jenik from Czech Republic. I czeched to make sure he wasn't taken already and he wasn't.

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Those who drafted players on my list can Sod off, but I'm hoping this guy will help lead me to Victory. That is, Team Sweden defenceman Victor Soderstrom.

Tomsburninghat

Dec 13, 2013
British Columbia
Don't taze me bro!!! I was worried that when I read Swedish Defensemen you were going to take my bro. Whew! Phil-me-up with Philip Broberg - D - Swe. Now off to Ikea!!!!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
That Foote pick was a real kick in the pants for me as I was about to take him. I guess I Cam always take that US defensemen, Cam York.

Alright, Canada4Gold, York up to bat for a pair of picks.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I Cam here to take York but Puistola him from me again so I guess it'll have to be Patrik Puistola for my first pick. For my second pick you only go Askarov your goalie takes you so I need to get mine with Yaroslav Askarov.

Is there something up with Russia's goalie than he lasted this long? I'm confused.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I Cam here to take York but Puistola him from me again so I guess it'll have to be Patrik Puistola for my first pick. For my second pick you only go Askarov your goalie takes you so I need to get mine with Yaroslav Askarov.

Is there something up with Russia's goalie than he lasted this long? I'm confused.
I’m sorry if Akil your list by taken some of your guys, but Thomas out on one of my players would have been brutal. Akil Thomas

To answer your serious sounding question about Askarov, the issue is that he is 17 and people question whether Bragin will play him over a 19 year old goalie. I think he’ll get a shot, but only time will tell.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
To answer your serious sounding question about Askarov, the issue is that he is 17 and people question whether Bragin will play him over a 19 year old goalie. I think he’ll get a shot, but only time will tell.

I get that concern, but reference the other 3 leagues where he went 8, 13 and 17 I definitely was not expecting him to fall to 41 in the league that gives more points for a shutout. 8 teams instead of 10 may have people more willing to wait though IDK. Once you took Alnefelt at 23 I was pretty certain if I didn't take Askarov at 24/25 I wouldn't get him, but I really wanted Sweden's version of Laine and Puljujarvi this year, though that's probably overstating Holtz and Raymond

I'm not even that big of a Russia fan this year, think they could easily go 2-2 and lose in the QF to Finland or Sweden. I had him ranked 30 for the reasons you mentioned but at 41 it felt like a no brainer.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I get that concern, but reference the other 3 leagues where he went 8, 13 and 17 I definitely was not expecting him to fall to 41 in the league that gives more points for a shutout. 8 teams instead of 10 may have people more willing to wait though IDK. Once you took Alnefelt at 23 I was pretty certain if I didn't take Askarov at 24/25 I wouldn't get him, but I really wanted Sweden's version of Laine and Puljujarvi this year, though that's probably overstating Holtz and Raymond
I really like Holtz and Raymond. I’m not sure if they’ll dominate like the Finns did, but I think they will definitely be good. I’m also surprised to see the goaltending needs being left this late, especially considering the guys in the other pools that were left standing when the music stopped all seemed to agree that they messed up.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't trust Bragin with under 19 players.

I also think the goalie class sucks this year. Knight is probably the only legit goalie on a good team, Askarov is the best goalie prospect I've seen since Price but I don't know if he plays. Just wasn't gonna gamble on him yet. Figured he would go soon.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Tom sent me this message:

Please take Swiss G Luca Hollenstein. Coz I like ta holla for Hollenstein. Wouldn’t want to Swiss out on picking a starting goalie this late in the draft...

GrandLarseny

Jersey Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Guess I'm on the clock now, and of course I'm aiming to Dominate the competition without being read like an open Bokk. I'm pleased to select Dominik Bokk from Team Germany.

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
Hopfully Nil + Nil doesn = 0 points for my pool... but Ill take a chance.

Nil Lundkvist - D - SWE

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad