Statement from Evander Kane

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Time for a rainbow baby for the Kane family. That is when you get pregnant and birth a child after a mis-carriage. My friend went through same thing, got pregnant again a number of months later and their baby is due any day.

Very sad to hear but this is somewhat common and it will make the parent/child bond that much more expressive.

Best of luck to EK9 and his family. I hope his wife is feeling better.

Depends on the person. The hormone effects can be devastating for some women, and it takes years before they are ready to try again. Some women (like my wife) took a few months, then we tried again (and eventually had our 2nd son). Some women can never get over it and never try again. Also, as with my own Mother, there can be damage that prevents every trying again.

What's most important is they take the time they need to get to where they are ready, no matter how long that is. It's hard on the fathers, but it's so much worse for mothers because of the physical issues they have to deal with.

Reactions: CrazedZooChimp

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I'd like to add one more thing here. Sadness to all who have been directly affected by similar situations. As a parent of a special needs child with an extremely rare chromosomal disorder (he is one of 5 on earth diagnosed), you just never know what is going on with those X's and Y's during the 40 weeks. We all pray for healthy babies being born and honestly, its a crap shoot. All we can do is do our best to be there for our families and do everything possible for our children.

Clowe Me, 68-Z28 and others - I am sure it was difficult and yes, you never forget but you have to be strong. Love to all of you.

We all may have disagreements on who should be on what line and which defensive pairs need to be together but one thing is for sure - even here, we are a family.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Depends on the person. The hormone effects can be devastating for some women, and it takes years before they are ready to try again. Some women (like my wife) took a few months, then we tried again (and eventually had our 2nd son). Some women can never get over it and never try again. Also, as with my own Mother, there can be damage that prevents every trying again.

What's most important is they take the time they need to get to where they are ready, no matter how long that is. It's hard on the fathers, but it's so much worse for mothers because of the physical issues they have to deal with.

LOVE this comment and agree wholeheartedly.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hockey may be his profession, but in the end, it's only a game. Evander should take all of the time he needs. This is terrible news. :cry:

yup, said this during i believe it was the islander coach like 10 years ago leaving the team during the playoffs or the final push and fans were all over him saying he should be with the team when his son commited suicide.

no job, no nothing is more important then being with family and friends when tragedy strikes. don't care if that job makes you a billionaire, millionaire or barely making ends meet.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I want EK9 to know that his family is in our prayers, and that a good way to honor his daughter is to take it out on opponents through June.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Well... Uhhh... Shit.

Take all the time you need, Evander. Some things matter more than hockey, and this is one such case. Horrible news. I'd never wish this on anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad