Statement from Evander Kane

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
My buddy is going through the same thing with his gf at exactly 26 weeks had to birth the child as well . My gf is currently at 15 weeks and hopefully everything will be fine considering we used a fertillity clinic after trying unsuccessfully for 3 years. ALSO, nobody should go through this situation ever. Take your time Kaner

I sincerely hope everything goes well for your gf and you.

I've had the same experience as your buddy (at around 13 weeks though) and the giving birth part is devastating.

Weird thing is, I was following the draft when we were still in the hospital after the giving birth part and I couldn't sleep (not that I was paying too much attention). It was the year the Sharks drafted Norris (who was later a part of the Karlsson trade). So a part of me would really like for Karlsson to stay there. As some kind of memorie of that night (I know it is a strange reason).

And too not see Karlsson end up in Tampa

Last edited:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
We have two healthy boys, but in between we lost one at about 20 weeks. We told ourselves something was probably wrong and her body knew it, but it doesnt help much. It's a topic I dont dare ever bring up around my wife, it traumatized her so badly. I hope they get the support they need, its important.

lucky0slevin

Aug 9, 2011
I sincerely hope everything goes well for your gf and you.

I've had the same experience as your buddy (at around 13 weeks though) and the giving birth part is devastating.

Weird thing is, I was following the draft when we were still in the hospital after the giving birth part and I couldn't sleep (not that I was paying too much attention). It was the year the Sharks drafted Norris (who was later a part of the Karlsson trade). So a big part of me would really like for Karlsson to stay. As some kind of memorie of that night (I know it is a strange reason).
Thanks much appreciated. Sorry about your loss but hopefully you can have a better experience in the future. Also hopefully we can keep Karlsson to ease some of that pain and hopefully Kaner gets out of this bad situation

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
So horrible. My wife and I went thru one as well but I think it was few weeks less. It would have been our 2nd so I think that helped ease the pain a little more. I can imagine that it would be more devastating if it happened to the first child. Had a friend who's wife had 5 before their first son was finally born. They had given up at that point and she fully expected that one to miscarriage too until she was far enough along that they knew it would survive if premature. Hoping this is the only time Kane and his wife have to go thru this. Am I understanding the message correctly, that it was a miscarriage or was the baby born prematurely and then passed? For maybe no one here really knows yet... Totally shitty either way.

Side question... did we know he was married? I thought he just had a girlfriend.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I've been a dad for a few yrs now (adopted a teenager out of foster care), so this absolutely crushes me as I'm sure it has everyone. I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to the Kane family.

Last edited:

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Was at morning skate today. Evander was full participant. He interacted well with a 10 year old fan, gave her a stick (left the ice, got it, came back and gave it to her) and signed it when he left the ice with the rest of the scratches.

That 10yrold is the daughter of one of our Dallas Sharks fan club members. I saw her mom post the picture of daughter with the stick in our group page this morning...Then I read this tweet later today, just crushed me.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
My mother had 2 miscarriages between when I was born and when my younger brother was born. I was too young to remember that happening, but I am sure it still effects her. Deepest condolences to Evander, and everyone here who's had this sort of thing happen. Having gone through this himself, I am sure EK65 and his wife are giving Evander and his wife every ounce of support they can during this terrible time.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Lots of feels in this thread, positive vibes and thoughts to all you here with similar experiences to Kane.

I want to try and avoid words like "fortunate" or "lucky" when talking about Kane's situation, but given the situation, having the Sharks organization and the Karlsson family for support is hopefully helping him

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Semi-preemptive request:

This is not an accusation thread/drama thread.

Let the crap from outside HF (gossip sites, social media accusers, and other clickmongers), stay off of HF.

This is not directed at anyone. We want to keep everything above board. Many thanks.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Just woke up to read this news

This is absolutely terrible, I feel for Kane and his family

I honestly don't care if he doesn't come back to play this season, there's so much to life that is so much more important than the game, hopefully Evander takes all the time he needs to heal

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I am hoping Erik and Melinda reach out to Kane and his girlfriend. Its a tough time but having someone to talk to who just went through a very similar tragedy could be helpful.

I think Curtis Brown said his wife Amy reached out to them so I'm glad they have some quality resources close by.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Time for a rainbow baby for the Kane family. That is when you get pregnant and birth a child after a mis-carriage. My friend went through same thing, got pregnant again a number of months later and their baby is due any day.

Very sad to hear but this is somewhat common and it will make the parent/child bond that much more expressive.

Best of luck to EK9 and his family. I hope his wife is feeling better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad