Statement from Evander Kane

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
And Curtis and Amy Brown with their daughter Aubri. (IOW, the reason their foundation is called the Aubri Brown Club.)

My guess is he has a lot of support from the Browns and their foundation. The "WAGs" really are a team unto themselves. (Great podcast from Ida and Julie out of the Predators organization that's from the SO point of view.)

When I first read his statement, I thought it was similar to Curtis Brown. Then re-reading it, I realized it was similar to Erik Karlsson. Both devastating, and it's fortunately unfortunate that we have a lot of players and staff who underwent similar tragedies to help Kane get through this.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I’ve been close (not my own child) to a situation like this. You can move past it but you never really fully get over it.

I’d like to note that once again DW and The Sharks handled this with 100% class. Give him all the time he wants and let him announce it when he is ready.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This is just awful. I feel for Kane and his family.
Goddamn it.

It’s not something you want someone to go through but it’s actually surprising how common it is and hits close to home.

It’s about 1 in 4 pregnancies.

Me and my wife lost a son at about 5 months. It never feels better, but time and love help a lot.

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you and your wife.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This is just awful. I feel for Kane and his family.

And is almost always a boy. They aren't sure as to why that is, but I wonder if the Y sex chromosome is inherently weaker than the X?

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you and your wife.
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

The due date and the date of the miscarriage are days I always make sure to request off so I can be there with her. It's hard to deal with but you can't act like he didn't exist or that it didn't happen. We still have the little ultrasound photos in along with the pictures of our other boys. He would have turned 11 in May.

Also sorry all. Not trying to make this about me, but it hits home hard.

lucky0slevin

Aug 9, 2011
My buddy is going through the same thing with his gf at exactly 26 weeks had to birth the child as well . My gf is currently at 15 weeks and hopefully everything will be fine considering we used a fertillity clinic after trying unsuccessfully for 3 years. ALSO, nobody should go through this situation ever. Take your time Kaner

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

And is almost always a boy. They aren't sure as to why that is, but I wonder if the Y sex chromosome is inherently weaker than the X?

Apologies for getting this off-topic, but at >20 weeks, it's technically classified as an early stillbirth rather an miscarriage, and the rates in the US are ~6/1000. Haven't read any gender correlation, but unfortunately, non-Hispanic black parents do have higher rates for unknown reasons.

Also, not at all Clowe Me. No need for you to apologize. It's never easy and we appreciate you sharing your personal experiences.

Jul 10, 2010
sorry to hear this happened to you and wife man. cant imagine the struggles.

i dont think the Y is weaker per say, but the presence of the 2nd "X" is able to mask mutations to the other x. So say if a mutation on the female X prevents an essential protein from being made, the other x is there to supply the information needed and the protein is made as normal.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Terrible news . One of my favourite players that isn't a Canuck , he's from Vancouver and i always admired his fighting ability. I hope his wife and him will be OK. It's going to be tough.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

The due date and the date of the miscarriage are days I always make sure to request off so I can be there with her. It's hard to deal with but you can't act like he didn't exist or that it didn't happen. We still have the little ultrasound photos in along with the pictures of our other boys. He would have turned 11 in May.

Also sorry all. Not trying to make this about me, but it hits home hard.

This board is not just about the Sharks. It's about all of us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad