State of the Habs General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
What happened to your right nut did you lose it when you thought the Habs would actually play Galchenyuk at center considering how bad there center depth is lol

Nah I never lose my nuts if I bet them on something habs related.
Probably the team with the most predictable outcomes when it comes to trades and overall running of the organisation.
Shaw Alzner Weber Drouin lol how dumb can you be to not predict these disasters from miles away

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nah I never lose my nuts if I bet them on something habs related.
Probably the team with the most predictable outcomes when it comes to trades and overall running of the organisation.
Shaw Alzner Weber Drouin lol how dumb can you be to not predict these disasters from miles away

Waddaya tawkin bout? In 8 years we's gonna be praisin Bergy!

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Future looks better than it has in a long time :sarcasm:, it's only the present that sucks.
il_340x270.1530062365_ey5f.jpg

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

From sitting on L'Antichambre to coach of the Montreal Canadiens and back to 91.9fm.
It should tell you all you need to know about how this organisation is going.

This was supposed to be a "great coach" according to this GM.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

From sitting on L'Antichambre to coach of the Montreal Canadiens and back to 91.9fm.

I hope he does well. Well enough to last long enough to see PK come back and win the cup with the Habs

Karma from the hockey Gods

I'd die happy if I could witness this.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

This would likely be Michel's idea of working toward his next NHL coaching gig. Hard to imagine that such a savvy hockey mind hasn't been snapped up by some forward-thinking org by now. On the topic, I don't think any of the other members of the foxhole gang got hired on this summer either, maybe Bergevin is the only guy who thought JJ, Sly, Lacroix et al. were worth hiring.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This would likely be Michel's idea of working toward his next NHL coaching gig. Hard to imagine that such a savvy hockey mind hasn't been snapped up by some forward-thinking org by now. On the topic, I don't think any of the other members of the foxhole gang got hired on this summer either, maybe Bergevin is the only guy who thought JJ, Sly, Lacroix et al. were worth hiring.

Sylvain Lefebvre got an assistant coaching gig with another AHL team.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I was browsing the Arizona board, and I learned that their organization has hired a staff psychologist. Has the Habs organization implemented such an obvious idea?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
So why can you skate over the logo but not walk on it?

Tragically primitive thinking.
Good point - never thought of it that way.

If I remember correctly - don't some teams have their logo on the ceiling to avoid the hassle of walking around it in the middle of the dressing room?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Good point - never thought of it that way.

If I remember correctly - don't some teams have their logo on the ceiling to avoid the hassle of walking around it in the middle of the dressing room?

I think so. Or the wall... It's also my understanding that inside the Bell Centre the logo is on the floor in public areas in a few places. Can anyone confirm this?

Reactions: Runner77

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I was browsing the Arizona board, and I learned that their organization has hired a staff psychologist. Has the Habs organization implemented such an obvious idea?

They hired a phsychologist the same summer they acquired Chucky? In coming media rumours about how it's about keeping his party lifestyle in check while being able to talk about the verbal abuse from his father.

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Unfortunately there's only one team in the NHL that believes the best coaching candidates are found not in hockey arenas but in radio and TV studios.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Apparently Serge Savard was on 91.9 Sports this morning and said that Pacioretty's been told, months ago, that he won't be starting the season with the Habs.

Not that this information is new, we've heard/read this for months, but thought it was noteworthy that Savard essentially fanned the flames on this one.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Apparently Serge Savard was on 91.9 Sports this morning and said that Pacioretty's been told, months ago, that he won't be starting the season with the Habs.

Not that this information is new, we've heard/read this for months, but thought it was noteworthy that Savard essentially fanned the flames on this one.

Savard has been pretty outspoken about his displeasure towards Bergevin's work ever since the Subban trade, which he hated.

If that was said to Pacioretty months ago, then we're at a point of failure. They had a plan and it failed at every turn.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad