State of the Habs General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Danault's future might very well be on the wing.

Hypothetically if Drouin puts it together and becomes a top-6 center (Let's not get into this in this thread) and you have Kotkaniemi and Poehling also as top-6/9 centers then Danault is the logical choice to move to wing.

Even if Drouin doesn't become a long term C, Danault might still be moved to wing as he would still need fight it out for 3rd line C with Peca, McCarron, De La Rose, Vejdemo, Olafsson, etc...

And looking Danault's game I don't see anything that screams center.
Danault is the truest center we have excluding Pleks. His skating, hockey sense and competitiveness makes him someone who can eat minutes and contribute.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
411A09E3-F168-4FE5-9A14-B4E0DEEB6B28.jpeg

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The top four wingers should be Drouin, Gallagher, Scherbak, and Lehkonen/Hudon.

Given this sorry excuse of a team, Byron, Shaw, and Armia are likely to be in the mix.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Chucky is not nearly as poor defensively as some are making him out to be. He made noticeable strides in that area last season, thanks to some obvious coaching time, and even his career stats in that area aren't abysmal.

Its easier to spread a false narrative heck you have people from hfhabs going over to arizona forum spreading this kind of BS and its the same people that think Alzner was a good signing im learning more and more you can't change the dinosaur way of thinking for some people.

The people who say that Chucky sucks defensively are likely also the people who say that he has no passing skills.

They're not dinosaurs, they're just closet Bergevin defenders.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia will be in the top 6.

Probably, knowing Julien. Who do you have on the 4th line: Hudon, Lehkonen, or Scherbak?

Pretty sure fans and the coaching staff have Pacioretty, Gallagher, and Domi as the top 3 wingers.

Next for me is Scherbak. That rounds out the top 6.

For the 3rd line, I have Hudon and Lehkonen ahead of Armia.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I just can't see him beating out any of those players, including Scherbak, for a roster spot.

Yeah , that post was assuming Scherbak was waiver exempt , I've since been informed he isn't which of course changes everything.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It looks like the Habs are finally going with only one logo at center ice now. For the longest time now they've done the two small logos at center ice, like this:

bell-centre.jpg

Now instead of having two small logo's being separated by the red line, it looks like they're only going to have one big logo that is cut in half by the red line.

Personally, I prefer the new look. I never liked the dual logo thing.
It's all a part of the "New Fan Experience".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
... though they definitely hired the right people recently in Ducharme and Bouchard. I know they aren’t heads of the big club, but they are good hires nonetheless.

Liking those hires but with the loss of Galchenyuk added to Subban and Radulov, I can't get motivated to watch anyone closely in the current NHL roster. I hope this will change but I can't remember an off season when I was so indifferent and jaded.

What's more interesting is going to be Bouchard's approach to development in Laval and seeing which players under his tutelage, make it to the NHL and what their ultimate ceiling will be. That and the Habs's prospect pool generally.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
If given a fair opportunity to compete for a spot...he's better than Plekanec, McCarron, or any other center not named Drouin/Danault on this team.

Which isn't saying much, but he's a better player than most give him credit for.
Drouin is not a good center.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Il bet my left nut sherback won’t play top 6 minutes. Why would he? I don’t see why anybody here is penciling him into a top 6 have you been following this team for the past decade?

What happened to your right nut did you lose it when you thought the Habs would actually play Galchenyuk at center considering how bad there center depth is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad