Feb 14, 2018
30 million?

How do you figure that?
D5963BD9-2F87-448D-AD87-32023AF1F4FF.gif

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
30 million?

How do you figure that?
The salary cap for the 2021-22 NHL season is $81.5 million. The Bruins have about $30 million in cap space right now, per CapFriendly. This sounds like a lot, and it is, but you also have to consider that 11 players on the Bruins' NHL roster are free agents.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Until we find out about Bergeron - and as for Krejci where there’s smoke there is fire

Hope this information making the rounds along the North Shore golf courses are true

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Until we find out about Bergeron - and as for Krejci where there’s smoke there is fire

Hope this information making the rounds along the North Shore golf courses are true
My sources are telling me Neely is shopping for skates.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Public or private courses? We talking Myopia/Essex or Bass Rocks/Tedesco?

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Jimmy O'Toolihan and his cuz Lanny McScallycap clean the Gahden bathrooms, they hear conversations in the stalls I tell you. Cam needs to lay off the prune juice.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jimmy O'Toolihan and his cuz Lanny McScallycap clean the Gahden bathrooms, they hear conversations in the stalls I tell you. Cam needs to lay off the prune juice.
If no Bergeron and Krejci I am good with a rebuild / USNDTP plays a few games in the area and fun to watch them

Buffalo has sucked for a dozen years while Bruins and Patriots have been elite teams

Sabres will add Power, Peterka, Quinn to a great young core and Bills draft was very good - Elam, Cook, Shakir etc ~ they are my choice to win SB

As long as Bruins rebuild non playoffs Is 5-6 years and not 12 like Buffalo the majority of Bruins fans will understand

Rebuilds can be fun - look at all the love Calgary and Carolina are getting for being patient and putting Cup caliber teams out

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
the last off season he had in hand 30 million and started by extending Hall and Carlo and then the next pack of players, Ulmark, Nosek, Haula, Forbort, Reilly, Foligno

So you are saying Sweeney squander money on bad players like Hall, Haula, Carlo & Ullmark?

If no Bergeron and Krejci I am good with a rebuild / USNDTP plays a few games in the area and fun to watch them

Buffalo has sucked for a dozen years while Bruins and Patriots have been elite teams

Sabres will add Power, Peterka, Quinn to a great young core and Bills draft was very good - Elam, Cook, Shakir etc ~ they are my choice to win SB

As long as Bruins rebuild non playoffs Is 5-6 years and not 12 like Buffalo the majority of Bruins fans will understand

Rebuilds can be fun - look at all the love Calgary and Carolina are getting for being patient and putting Cup caliber teams out

No doubt Bruins fans can be understanding for 5-6 years of no playoffs.

Well, year six might be a little less understanding.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hot take

Sweeney 6 years

Bruce trade ~ Cassidy for Bruce Boudreau

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The salary cap for the 2021-22 NHL season is $81.5 million. The Bruins have about $30 million in cap space right now, per CapFriendly. This sounds like a lot, and it is, but you also have to consider that 11 players on the Bruins' NHL roster are free agents.

Im confused. They have 22 signed for next year and are already at $80,116,667 .

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

This is madness. Calgary fans have been pissed for years. And Carolina fans didn’t care.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
So you are saying Sweeney squander money on bad players like Hall, Haula, Carlo & Ullmark?

No doubt Bruins fans can be understanding for 5-6 years of no playoffs.

Well, year six might be a little less understanding.
I am ok with Hall and Carlo, but for the rest if we believe that he could have signed Hyman (5.5), Danault (5.5), Barrie (4.5) for almost the same amount of money, as Forbort (3.0), Reilly (3.0), Foligno (3.8), Haula (2.375), Nosek (1.35), Hllmark (5.0) I think the Bruins would make a better team in the long run

Reactions: Sevendust

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I am ok with Hall and Carlo, but for the rest if we believe that he could have signed Hyman (5.5), Danault (5.5), Barrie (4.5) for almost the same amount of money, as Forbort (3.0), Reilly (3.0), Foligno (3.8), Haula (2.375), Nosek (1.35), Hllmark (5.0) I think the Bruins would make a better team in the long run

Hyman signed for 7 years, Danaault for 6, Barrie for 3.

So you would have to beat those offers.

Don't really think that would have been a prudent strategy.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Hyman signed for 7 years, Danaault for 6, Barrie for 3.

So you would have to beat those offers.

Don't really think that would have been a prudent strategy.
If Sweeney signed Danault to that contract this place would have combusted. No one saw the offense coming from him that he had this year, and the deal was probably the most criticized UFA deal in the whole NHL last summer.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad