Management State of the Bruins -Sweeney 5/18/22, Neely 5/19/22

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Talk about delusional....
Was this team lucky when they raised a cup in 2011 ?...and the other question for you is....were you sad to see them raise it...? Because alot of people excluding you thought they were going to win more than one cup after 2011 or maybe it's because I believed in this team more than most around here

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Just last year alone , many here were predicting a lottery team without Krejci. If anything is consistent its the over reaction on this forum.
No kidding. We were one shot away from possibly knocking off a very good team on their ice and so many people here want to fire everybody and consider it all trash. Just ridiculous.

Would we have been better with a better 2C? Absolutely. But every team has weak spots or else they'd win the cup every year. We were close. And if we do win that game we could beat the Rangers and go even further.

Reality check.
Swayman looks like he will be a star goalie. Swayman backed up by Ullmark gives us a solid tandem.
Lindholm McAvoy is one of the best D pairings in the league.
We still have numerous good forwards in Pasta Hall Marchand and solid lower level guys. The question is of course Bergeron. You don't just replace that, but the core is still good.
Relax, we will compete again next year. The sky isn't falling just yet.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No one in their right would, But if Bergy does retire its not like there are many suitable 1st or 2nd line centers that could be plucked from a tree.

I agree Bergy is a great defensive Center, Faceoff guy and team leader at this point which is why I'd love him back anchoring line 2. However give other centers Marchy and Pasta hell even Jake as their wings and I think its very possible they could match the offensive output (65 points) #37 put up this season.

Again I'm not bashing Bergeron in any way , he's up there in the Mt Rushmore of Bruins players and I understand what he means to this team not just from a pts/scoring perspective, but people talk here like the team will fold when he eventually leaves and that's just not reality.
& I’ll say it again.

They were a WC team with Bergeron, if you downgrade the C group even more they aren’t going to make the playoffs and their ceiling isn’t anywhere close to a contender.

With Bergeron gone the golden core is gone and not there to save Sweeney anymore.

This league runs through the middle and everyone would run through Boston if a guy like Trocheck ends up replacing Bergeron

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
& I’ll say it again.

They were a WC team with Bergeron, if you downgrade the C group even more they aren’t going to make the playoffs and their ceiling isn’t anywhere close to a contender.

With Bergeron gone the golden core is gone and not there to save Sweeney anymore.

This league runs through the middle and everyone would run through Boston if a guy like Trocheck ends up replacing Bergeron
Swayman has a year under his belt, they will get a full year of Lindholm and some of their top scorers ( Pasta/Marchand) will hopefully be healthier than they were late in this season /playoffs . Sure the division is stacked but Toronto has cap issues , TB's core is getting older plus there's still a full off season to see what moves may get done. Again this is the same nonsense that was put out last offseason and its over reaction at this point.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
They lost their number 2 center, didn't replace him, and some people thought the team that ultimately finished 4th in their division and lost in the first round might not make the playoffs.

That's not even remotely what you said, but of course not, because what you claimed never happened with any of those players. Not once.
Post #4 - It's truly remarkable how much a simple decision by one 2nd line center is going to alter the path this franchise takes going forward. If Krejci comes back, we're all in on 2022. If Krejci walks, we're in trouble unless Donny gets very creative and might just punt on the season.

Post #8 - At that stage if the answer is no to Krejci, yes, they may want to ask Marchand and Bergeron how they want to end their career.

Post #32 - where does the scoring come from? What happens with 1 injury to a key player. LOTTERY!

Post #36 - right lol, I think if you play the kids, they are a lotto team. especially with 1 key injury

Post #37 - If Coyle is your 2C, you don't bother allocating all that cap to Hall. You're in retool/rebuild mode at that point.

That's through the 1st 5 pages of that thread and I didn't even include all the , no way Hall's signs here if Krejci is gone posts .

Again read it how you want but there were people here last cashing in on last season when Krejci and Rask weren't being resigned. And yet the team made the playoffs and had 107pts.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Was this team lucky when they raised a cup in 2011 ?...and the other question for you is....were you sad to see them raise it...? Because alot of people excluding you thought they were going to win more than one cup after 2011 or maybe it's because I believed in this team more than most around here

They were certainly fortunate to win in 2011.

Why would it make me sad to see my team win the Cup?

They could have won the Cup in 2013. Doesn't mean they should have. Chicago was the better team.

Should they have won in 2019? Losing game 7 at home with the Cup on the line against a supposed weaker opponent tells me no. They didn't deserve it.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Post #4 - It's truly remarkable how much a simple decision by one 2nd line center is going to alter the path this franchise takes going forward. If Krejci comes back, we're all in on 2022. If Krejci walks, we're in trouble unless Donny gets very creative and might just punt on the season.

Post #8 - At that stage if the answer is no to Krejci, yes, they may want to ask Marchand and Bergeron how they want to end their career.

Post #32 - where does the scoring come from? What happens with 1 injury to a key player. LOTTERY!

Post #36 - right lol, I think if you play the kids, they are a lotto team. especially with 1 key injury

Post #37 - If Coyle is your 2C, you don't bother allocating all that cap to Hall. You're in retool/rebuild mode at that point.

That's through the 1st 5 pages of that thread and I didn't even include all the , no way Hall's signs here if Krejci is gone posts .

Again read it how you want but there were people here last cashing in on last season when Krejci and Rask weren't being resigned. And yet the team made the playoffs and had 107pts.

LOL all of those posts are/were correct or 100% defensible as an opinion. (Or in the case of #36 not what they did at all. They signed a bunch of free agent veterans because they didn't have any kids to play.)

This is weird, because I am not used to someone proving my point for me so well. Thank you.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
LOL all of those posts are/were correct or 100% defensible as an opinion. (Or in the case of #36 not what they did at all. They signed a bunch of free agent veterans because they didn't have any kids to play.)

This is weird, because I am not used to someone proving my point for me so well. Thank you.
That 's fine if you feel it proves your point go for it. I'll be sure to stay clear of the Tobin if and when Bergy eventually hangs them up as there might be a traffic jam caused by HFboards posters .

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
They were certainly fortunate to win in 2011.

Why would it make me sad to see my team win the Cup?

They could have won the Cup in 2013. Doesn't mean they should have. Chicago was the better team.

Should they have won in 2019? Losing game 7 at home with the Cup on the line against a supposed weaker opponent tells me no. They didn't deserve it.
To begin with Dennis....all I said this team should have more than one cup since 2011...three was pushing I will admit...lol. What killed it was top players and goaltending didn't show up for the parties

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
1st part of the show(starts at 7:40). About Neely comments

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
& I’ll say it again.

When Bergeron goes it’s a whole new chapter no doubt, but it’s a familiar song for this club and the results haven’t changed all that much. In the last couple years they’ve turned over from one of their best goalies all time, from one of their best defensemen all time, and from Krejci, and still put up a 107pt season.

The league runs through the middle, but also from the goal out.

When Bergeron goes they’ll have some heavy lifting to do but that’s their job. Judging from the rebuild in goal and on D, I’m interested in seeing what they put together at C. One thing we know for sure is it won’t be through the draft.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Jacobs needs to fire neely
7 or 8 years ago ....I fixed it for you.
The only way Neely is gone is if the Jacob family decided to sell....which won't ever happen. I really think Cam Able would still be the President if this team is a one and done for the next half decade...lol

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
And then some,

Sweeney, Neely & Mr. Burns.

There ain't a mirror in the house. Shitheads.

1653180270933.png

Reactions: BMC

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Sweeney and Neely used to play for the Bruins. They're not going anywhere. If you want them gone, or at the very least if you want them to no longer be in their current positions, then you need to hope the team misses the playoffs over the next few years. Given how pathetic some of the fringe playoff teams are, I don't see that happening.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And then some,

Sweeney, Neely & Mr. Burns.

There ain't a mirror in the house. Shitheads.

View attachment 550223

They pulled the same bullshit with Claude Julien and now they'e pulling it with Bruce Cassidy. Now I have my issues with Butch and want him replaced but this is just so wrong.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sweeney and Neely used to play for the Bruins. They're not going anywhere. If you want them gone, or at the very least if you want them to no longer be in their current positions, then you need to hope the team misses the playoffs over the next few years. Given how pathetic some of the fringe playoff teams are, I don't see that happening.
If Bergeron doesn't comeback, I see this team a lottery team.

Reactions: Gordoff

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Swayman has a year under his belt, they will get a full year of Lindholm and some of their top scorers ( Pasta/Marchand) will hopefully be healthier than they were late in this season /playoffs . Sure the division is stacked but Toronto has cap issues , TB's core is getting older plus there's still a full off season to see what moves may get done. Again this is the same nonsense that was put out last offseason and its over reaction at this point.

They aren’t suddenly going to improve by downgrading from Bergeron.

If they replace him with one the UFA C’s Boston will have one of the worst C groups in the East and the roster can’t deal with a single major injury

When Bergeron goes it’s a whole new chapter no doubt, but it’s a familiar song for this club and the results haven’t changed all that much. In the last couple years they’ve turned over from one of their best goalies all time, from one of their best defensemen all time, and from Krejci, and still put up a 107pt season.

The league runs through the middle, but also from the goal out.

When Bergeron goes they’ll have some heavy lifting to do but that’s their job. Judging from the rebuild in goal and on D, I’m interested in seeing what they put together at C. One thing we know for sure is it won’t be through the draft.

They were a WC team, is that the set of expectations today?

There are 3 clearly better teams in the Atlantic and 4 rebuilding teams, Detroit& Buffalo will start to make a push soon, yes even I have to admit Buffalo will soon end their misery with Dahlin& Power on the blueline& Columbus will start to make a push soon.

Bergeron’s been the heart and soul of this team and Boston won’t have the one advantge they’ve had, the best top line in the league.

They’ve been as one line team as it gets and now that line is looking to get destoyed.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad