Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
There is a time and place and this was it, looking at the deal Nashville made for Hartman I know you like me LOVE what our GM is doing.

Foley is a good prospect but another plus for our drafting ability. Stastny is such a good fit, can play 2 or 3C, great at face offs, PP option, can play wing too of course.

I believe the players will absolutely love this move and chemistry is vital. Go Jets Go !

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Anyone else’s heart stop while waiting to hear who was going back? Definitely bummed to lose the 1st rounder but I think the team makes it worth it this year with a deep run.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
There was a big arms race going on and we had to add our big gun. Stastny is a legit lower end 2C. Great vision, great passer.

Lower end 2nd liner? He's tied for 40th in center scoring right now with only 5 pp points. He's a 56% Fenwick player. He's a top end 2nd line center at worst. I would take any two of the jets top 3 centers over Nashvilles top 2

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
i dont love giving up a 1st round pick and a prospect but at least it was ves.

i dont think the jets should be chasing cups with these rental trades, we should keep building.

that said if we win the cup now i will tattoo Kevin Cheveldayoffs name on my ass.
Still hanging on to it lol. Oh well never change it's good to see how wrong your positions have been.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
For those bringing up losing a 1st we will be getting a 1st back when buff trouba or myers get moved this summer. Great move by chevy. Also foley and lemieux are redundant.

Reactions: GJETson and hudster

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Good trade..but I dont think the Jets are in position to win it all this year. Not a lot of playoff experience on this team...next year the Jets would be better suited to go all in. Hopefully Chevy is able to pull off a similar trade next year as well.

Laine Stastny Ehlers is the best 2nd line in NHL

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lower end 2nd liner? He's tied for 40th in center scoring right now with only 5 pp points. He's a 56% Fenwick player. He's a top end 2nd line center at worst. I would take any two of the jets top 3 centers over Nashvilles top 2

Yeah you are probably right I was just underselling it a little bit haha

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know what some of you guys are smoking! lol...we're one of the top teams in the league! We are a real contender this year...you don't pass that up to "continue building" especially when the cupboards are pretty full already. We might not even make the playoffs next year!

Reactions: KurtG8 and Tommigun

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Looks like my Jets hallpass won’t let me on the HF main boards......

It’s also the changing of the guard in the Central. Winning trumps any non movement clause.

GJG!!!!!! Let’s &$@?ing Gooooo!!!!!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Come on TSN...

TSN.jpg

the f***? lol...

Reactions: GJETson and Guerzy

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Well Erik Foley might be considered a top prospect. Maybe a bit of a surprise as to how well he's doing this year. But we are loaded with prospects. Giving up the first round pick this year won't hurt as much since it's going to be a pretty late pick. Well timed trade. Wow, our team is loaded.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This looks ok on the surface. Losing Enstrom and our whole LHD situation is much more of a concern though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad