Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I agree, I'm afraid. 1st-rounder in a deep draft, and Foley, who's Lemiux Plus and likely to be a very good NHL winger. Happy to be convinced otherwise though.

This draft is not considered deep. There is a compete lack of quality C. There are good D though. It's now considered a pretty weak draft. That's why you have seen 3 firsts traded so far at the deadline

Reactions: Robinson2187

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Foley is not Lemieux plus, and this draft is not likely to be deep. We also have players we can trade for picks if desired. Not saying the price wasn't high but it was affordable. Nothing we gave up was going to help for a season at the least.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault-Little-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Armia

Might be the best bottom-6 in the NHL.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine

A very potent top-6.

Hard to beat the Jets' forward talent and depth.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
This draft is not considered deep. There is a compete lack of quality C. There are good D though. It's now considered a pretty weak draft. That's why you have seen 3 firsts traded so far at the deadline

Thanks for this -- needed the consolation. :) I was thinking about D as a team need. I think it's the rental thing that bothers me, but maybe that's a function of never having been in this position as a Jerts fan...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I know i am running against the euphoria here but I am not a big fan of this deal. Maybe it will grow on me. What we really needed was D depth for fragile Toby.

I don't see Stastny signing with us this off season and so I dont like giving up our 1st rounder. Foley, I don't know much about. And the late rounder in 2020, who cares.

It's great to have center depth. The only way I see this paying off/being worth the cost is if Stastny can somehow decode the 'god only knows what they hell they are doing out there' play of Ehlers and Laine, and getting us to the finals. But if Little couldn't figure those guys out, I'm not sure how Statsny will.

But now that he is ours, you bet I'll be cheering my ass off for him.

I don't think your right in this case Florida- although I understand how you feel, as I've never been a fan of these last minute trades or "rentals"

If you think about it though-"you can hit gold"- just like the Penns did when they signed Kessel who helped them win 1-2 Stanley Cups. This guy could be the difference maker.

Also with Enstrom's contract coming off the books, and getting rid of Mason's contract- I think we'd have a good chance of re-signing Stastny. It all depends on how he fits in with the club, and what he wants next year $$$ We shall see !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Stastny and Wheeler played together at some point during the lock out apparently? So I wonder what the chances are they're paired up together.

Not unless Scheifele gets hurt? Or they play Stastny on LW?

Otherwise not much

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
i dont love giving up a 1st round pick and a prospect but at least it was ves.

i dont think the jets should be chasing cups with these rental trades, we should keep building.

that said if we win the cup now i will tattoo Kevin Cheveldayoffs name on my ass.

Tattoo George McPhee’s name with a pair of lips in your ass.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Major grats to you guys. I'm really happy this trade occurred.

Stas will have a big impact for you...he's exceptional defensively and sets up well to play with Laine (much better than he did with Tarasenko b/c Tank doesn't have a great one-timer--just a great wrister).

You just leapfrogged the Preds as the favorite in the WC.

By the way, one of the most revered posters on HFBlues lives in Winnipeg and has an equal love for the Jets...you'll be getting a lot of support from the Blues board. Good luck!!!!

TheRocketFlash

Feb 17, 2010
Below the Border
The 2020 4th rounder only comes in to play if FOLEY does NOT sign with the Blues by 2019. He would have been a FA with the Jets and with our winger depth likely would have looked elsewhere IMO. This trade is basically a late 2018 1st rounder for Stasny. I like it

Reactions: Tommigun

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Connor Scheif Wheeler
Perreault Little Roslovic
Ehlers Stastny Laine
Copp Lowry Armia

Tanev, Dano, Matthias in the PB (trade one of them if you can make a deal).

Stastny takes Henricks pk time. Apparently he's bad on the PP, which is fine, we don't need him there.

34 ES points in 63 games this year.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Great deal. Foley is a good looking prospect but also has some say over where he’s going to end up.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
And the lines gonna be:
Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Perrault - Stastny - Roslovic
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Copp - Hendricks - Armia

You heard it here first ;)

Seriously though, what a great addition. Now a healthy Lowry back into the line up and Jets could have 4 awesome lines.

Reactions: Oseductive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad