Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
a little worried his speed will just be another brian little between ehlers and laine copp did a great job creating turn overs or joining the rush with his speed. but on the other hand we now got better defensively and have a penalty killer so we dont have to use shief down the stretch hopefully

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
i dont love giving up a 1st round pick and a prospect but at least it was ves.

i dont think the jets should be chasing cups with these rental trades, we should keep building.

that said if we win the cup now i will tattoo Kevin Cheveldayoffs name on my ass.

It's a balance. With 31-32 teams in the league, teams are going to have to decide when they have to go all in and make that push to win the Cup. Sometimes you have to give up the future when you think your time is now.

Reactions: libertarian

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Im happy with what we paid. This is a very deep draft and who knows, maybe we make a deal at the draft and get some picks back.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hate giving up 1sts, but I love the idea of Stastny playing with Laine and Ehlers.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Good trade. I'm looking forward to having 3 stacked offensive lines and a great shutdown line.

Vegas couldn't stop us this time!

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
It was the Parise / Suter FA pursuit we were told that. People should trust what Chevy does. I mean that both in the general way as so many didn't up till now ( hopefully ) but also his past actions. I'm talking about about Stastny & Lemieux. Bag of pucks ... lol ... ridiculous.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Come on TSN...

TSN.jpg

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Got to give Chevy a lot of credit here. Was very patient in the early years and quietly stacked up our assets and now cashing in some of them to add depth to the team for a long run. Didn't see this one coming. I'll bet there's one more move for a depth left handed defenseman.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There was a big arms race going on and we had to add our big gun. Stastny is a legit lower end 2C. Great vision, great passer.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
We paid a pretty hefty price - basically the same Chicago paid for Ladd. Statsny is a center and is not playing through a hernia - so I like our deal better. I wonder if this means that they aren't counting on Lowry being 100%?

Anyway, decent deal. Now we definitely need a veteran D with Toby getting injured. It would be a waste to load up on Statsny and then leak out the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad