Confirmed with Link: Stastny (50% ret.) for Foley, 2018 1st, cond. 2020 4th

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Well this doesn't surprise me but it does please me. Big game hunting? yes, Couldn't afford that? No. Lemieux out? No. Tough to let Foley go but you have give to get.
I mentioned we knew Chevy liked Stastny and Lemieux, this trade confirms. This is a great add for the team and players. Players get a vet that slides in and can produce in several areas and does not disrupt the chemistry.
Oh yeah, what did Chevy do today? ;) a hell of a effing lot !

Reactions: hudster

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
I'm exicited for an impact player where we didn't have to give up Roslovic, Nicky, Vesalainen, Appleton.

Foley looks great, but this is a great risk to take.

I think one of the most significant part of this trade is that although Stasney has the offensive potential to complement Laine and Ehlers, every Blues fan talks about his stellar defensive game.

I think that's a huge plus on that third line.

Reactions: hudster

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Remember when Chevy tried to present an offer to Stastny when he was UFA and Chevy was politely told not to bother?
That actually isn't quite right. I mentioned this a few days ago, he was in on him 4 years ago and did make a push.

He liked him and wanted him and now has him.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
No roster player given up, four deep and talented lines when Lowry gets healthy...they are really trying to win it all this year!!!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That actually isn't quite right. I mentioned this a few days ago, he was in on him 4 years ago and did make a push.

He liked him and wanted him and now has him.

I remember it as I posted. The Jets were definitely in, but the Stastny camp was not. The Jets did not make it to the cutdown of teams

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'd like to point out that Foley signing with us would have been entirely up to him. With the winger depth of ours, it would not have been a given to have him ever come here.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Wow! Steep price for a rental albeit will slot in nicely with Ehlers and Laine for this years run:) Can't see him being extended. Eric Foley probably was going to go FA due to our depth though I have to presume?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad