Starting January to Mar16 the Leafs are 17-14-2

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Sigh, if only.

What is it with the word "phenomenal" today? Any team would look better if you threw out the worst parts of the season but when has it ever worked that way? Bottom line is were on pace to finish with just a couple of points less than last season. Whether that's good, bad or somewhere in between is up to everyone to decide for themselves, phenomenal is definitely pushing it though IMHO.

Talent and luck, works for me. :)

Pot kettle

Your using the worst part of this teams season, disregarding the best part.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yeah, it's not too bad, I really thought we'd be better than last year though, that's all. That bad week was hard to take but hey, give me two good weeks in April and I promise I'll forget all about it. :)

I did too, but with Nylander being out, Matthews not been Matthews for half the games and now some injuries it's somewhat understandable, but I will say that even with a full team this season I don't like the effort I've seen on a consistent basis.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
At the end of the day, this team was guaranteed to make playoffs at the start of the season.

It will be the playoffs where we are judged.

Can this team make it past the 1st round.
If yes, then there is progress, if no, then there is no progress

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Why so gloomy.

Getting Tavares doesn't automatically mean Matthews, Nylander, Marner and Kapanen all turn 25-28 over night.

Leafs will eventually run over the league like Tampa. Tavares is still here for 6 more seasons too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Facts are never stupid, sometimes they're irrelevant though. I usually just look at the standings but since it was mentioned, I did some digging and it seems to me like Boston has been to OT 20 times this season and their record there is 11-9. I'm not sure what the significance of this is but I strongly suspect it's nothing. The sample size is super small and there's no 3 on 3 OT in playoffs anyway so who gives a flying f..k anyway?

It’s significant in that they won’t play 3 on 3 in the playoffs. Considering the Leafs are better than them 5v5 it’sa bit of an advantage for the Leafs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
2 of the 11 wins in the 11-9 figure that zeke shows are shootout wins.

32 regulation wins + 9 OT wins is 41 ROW.

Aha! Thanks for the explanation, I miss the old days when a tie was an acceptable result and the standings were simple to understand.

Pot kettle

Your using the worst part of this teams season, disregarding the best part.

I'm not "using" anything and I'm not the one who wants to disregard anything. We have people who list wins while disregarding losses, we have Zeke who looks at 10 game segments to show how consistent we are if we only disregard the one segment when we were terrible. Don't disregard anything and look at the overall standings is what I keep telling everyone.

I did too, but with Nylander being out, Matthews not been Matthews for half the games and now some injuries it's somewhat understandable, but I will say that even with a full team this season I don't like the effort I've seen on a consistent basis.

Agreed. It seems to piss some people off when I say it but I'm not gonna lie, I thought we'd be better.

At the end of the day, this team was guaranteed to make playoffs at the start of the season.

It will be the playoffs where we are judged.

Can this team make it past the 1st round.
If yes, then there is progress, if no, then there is no progress

Agreed.

It’s significant in that they won’t play 3 on 3 in the playoffs. Considering the Leafs are better than them 5v5 it’sa bit of an advantage for the Leafs.

Sorry, I can't agree with the bolded. The truth is that the two teams are very close to each other and whatever advantage either team has in any area, it's not enough to state that they're "better".

Reactions: Duffman955

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad