Post-Game Talk: Stars win in Shootout 3-2. Chico night indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh so its OK to let up huge soft goals as long as you keep up DAT sv% up?

I'm not going to absolve Cory at all. On the other hand it's hard to blame him completely when we were just outclassed the last 55 minutes and Cory made several great saves.

I just don't understand why he has these brain farts, it's getting a bit Tony Romoish, play great other than the killer mistake.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
@TGfireandice

DeBoer: "Fortunate to get a point, but we’ll take it."

Same sh**, different season. He said that EVERY damn game up to the last month of last season. If he isn't gone by Xmas I have lost all hope in Lou and the owners.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
yeah despite another softie, i dont blame this game on schneider at all (and even though he is pitiful in shootouts). prolly woulda been smart to shoot brunner (who looked confident at least) and josefson, but likely would have had the same result anyways. and i accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, but i laughed out loud at elias in beer league mode during one of his OT shifts when he almost gave up two breakaways trying ******** mickey-mouse dangles.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Wait a second...are people seriously saying letting up THAT goal in a 1-1 game is no big deal??? Wasn't his fault?

Is this freakin bizzaro world?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Pete sounded just completely defeated.

He may leave the building and never come back. Honestly, he was shaken up. He knows damn well that he has to take a knife to a gunfight nearly every night with this team.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's really just the guys on the ice. JL wouldn't be able to make this team any better unless he brought a time machine or fountain of youth with him. Honestly at this point I'd like to keep Deboer and revamp the roster.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
@TGfireandice

DeBoer: "Fortunate to get a point, but we’ll take it."

Same sh**, different season. He said that EVERY damn game up to the last month of last season. If he isn't gone by Xmas I have lost all hope in Lou and the owners.

But Lou had a great offseason. That's all I read on here.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Just a joke COME OUT FIREING SCORE. Get back to flip shots weak wristers and too many ****ing passes not a ****ing thing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tomorrow we're gonna get spanked. Ottawa is a tough team.

Ottawa is a mediocre team that is able to barely show up, but still be able to beat us.

Shots will be 41-20 and we'll lose 4-1 as per usual against them.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
see at times like this part of me thinks its not pete's fault........but then i think of his asinine lineup decisions and it basically negates those feelings.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I've got no idea what people are complaining about. Dallas is one of the top teams in the league. They're hot. They played well. The Devils came away with a point. You can argue others could have gone in the shootout, but there's no way that you can say sending Cammy and Jagr was dumb.

The reality is the team is experiencing growing pains. Greene is finding his game still. Gelinas is still learning. Merrill is having occasional issues. The forward lines haven't found chemistry yet. These are all things that can and likely will improve over time.

This is one where you take the point and look for positive signs / growth. The shift in D ice time is already happening. Severson up to 25 min. Sal under 20 minutes. He was 5th in D ice time tonight. Yeah the fight + only 2 PKs had something to do with that, but still it's a huge change from just a few games ago.

It's going to take some time, and there will be pain. But, the process is underway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ottawa is a mediocre team that is able to barely show up, but still be able to beat us.

Shots will be 41-20 and we'll lose 4-1 as per usual against them.

It doesn't matter, they are going to come out so hot and on fire tomorrow and full of emotion. Ottawa is going to be playing like world beaters tomorrow with everything that has happened.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wait a second...are people seriously saying letting up THAT goal in a 1-1 game is no big deal??? Wasn't his fault?

Is this freakin bizzaro world?

I know the game you're playing but can you tell me honestly for a second what you think would have happened had Cory not given that goal up? Do you really, honestly think they would have won that game? I'm not gonna say it wasn't a big deal because it was, but I don't think the outcome of the game would have been any different.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pete calling for help in the presser. He knows his team isn't up to snuff.

**** him. Guys a tool and deserves it.

Maybe he should come up with another strategy to score more goals. His current system doesn't work and needs to be torpedoed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad