Post-Game Talk: Stars win in Shootout 3-2. Chico night indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I can't get on Cory when this league still thinks it's acceptable to decide a game with a circus show. Never mind that the devils are brutal in these things, but this **** needs to go. Why even play an overtime anymore? No poke check or not, it's embarrassing watching a player crawl down the ice and have the goalie dead to rights like that. Pull that ******** with a player breathing down your back.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Cory does need a night off though. He made some great saves in the 3rd, but the 2nd goal was weak sauce and that was just terrible in the shootout.

Break might be what he needs.

That's two incredibly soft goals that have literally cost games...in only 7 played.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Should a had Josefson at center and Brunner in...oh wait....shoulda had Larsson for the shootout.. yeah shoulda had Larsson for the shootout stupid DeBoer.

Josefson had an assist and Brunner had a goal...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I actually think Deboer coached a decent game tonight. This just looked like a bad team losing to a good one, but managing to steal a point.

I think tonight just showed that this is a bad team. Larsson in for Sal or Brunner in for Tootoo, it doesn't really matter. Is it stupid not to play those guys? Yeah, probably. Would it make a lick of difference for this team? No, probably not.

There is only one thing this team is a threat for, and that is to become the first team to have a guy die on the ice of old age. Watching these games it like watching a Model T in a drag race against a Lambo. It's hard to watch. And that's not Petes fault.

Brunner clearly made a difference tonight. As did JJ.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I actually think Deboer coached a decent game tonight. This just looked like a bad team losing to a good one, but managing to steal a point.

I think tonight just showed that this is a bad team. Larsson in for Sal or Brunner in for Tootoo, it doesn't really matter. Is it stupid not to play those guys? Yeah, probably. Would it make a lick of difference for this team? No, probably not.

There is only one thing this team is a threat for, and that is to become the first team to have a guy die on the ice of old age. Watching these games it like watching a Model T in a drag race against a Lambo. It's hard to watch. And that's not Petes fault.

They showed Pete in the 2nd and he looked like he wanted to cry. I would too.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

Did you even watch the game? Brunner clearly made a difference

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
The good thing is Cory does seem to be better at stopping one on ones in game but looks like a cone in the actual shootouts.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
#firedeboer

Please and thank you.

Or enjoy another playoffless season.

NHL Fanatik*

Some are overreacting; our young defense looks great, and we are clearly scoring more. We are already a better team than last season; and we are tied for 2nd in the division.

Why are people freaking out; lets be thankful we won 3 straight for the first 3 games. Getting two points out of the last four games isn't THAT bad.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
#firedeboer

Please and thank you.

Or enjoy another playoffless season.

To be honest, I don't think Toe Blake could get this team in the playoffs. But at least, with a new face maybe some of the young uns would play more.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
it's embarrassing watching a player crawl down the ice and have the goalie dead to rights like that. Pull that ******** with a player breathing down your back.

That "Put on the Brakes" move definitely needs to go. It's as stupid as the spinorama. Both Spezza and Jagr stopped the forward momentum of the puck.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Brunner clearly made a difference tonight. As did JJ.

Did you even watch the game? Brunner clearly made a difference

You're absolutely right to say Brunner looked really good. As did JJ. They absolutely did and I agree they should be playing. However, I mean this in a more "grand scheme of things" kind of way. They still lost. Brunner being in the lineup doesn't push this team over the top. He adds an element they need, but they need way more of that element. It's like putting a drop of water on a bonfire and expecting it to extinguish the fire.

I agree that Pete makes some really dumb personnel choices, but even if they iced what we think is the best team they are capable of icing, it's still not a good team, and it's still gonna lose more than it wins.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zubrus with 1 point in 7 games now.

He's finished. Picked up right where he left off last season. It's more than fair to assume he's done. Not a completely useless player, still a good player defensively and on the PK. Needs to be on the 4th line though. There are players better than him that play on the 4th line and have been scratched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00