Post-Game Talk: Stars win in Shootout 3-2. Chico night indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How much longer do we not talk about Cory letting up soft critical goals?

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
The sky is falling but at the same time we win tomorrow and were 4-2-2. Relax please. There's about 5 or 6 of you who really need professional help. Good luck with that I'm out of here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some are overreacting; our young defense looks great, and we are clearly scoring more. We are already a better team than last season; and we are tied for 2nd in the division.

Why are people freaking out; lets be thankful we won 3 straight for the first 3 games. Getting two points out of the last four games isn't THAT bad.

We're scoring more? Really?

We've scored more than two goals only once in the last 5 games, and didn't even have an even strength goal in that game at all.

It's more than warranted to be worried about the offense. Pete said before the season started that he wasn't worried about the scoring. I wonder if he is now? He better be.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
Some are overreacting; our young defense looks great, and we are clearly scoring more. We are already a better team than last season; and we are tied for 2nd in the division.

Why are people freaking out; lets be thankful we won 3 straight for the first 3 games. Getting two points out of the last four games isn't THAT bad.

Freaking out, no. Aggravated that we all see the same patterns developing from the past 2 seasons, yeah.

You know, the two seasons that we all watched the Devils fail to make the playoffs.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
jagr looks like hes got nothing left in the tank thus far. zajac pretty ****** too. still feel like clowe could be effective with those two, let them muck it up on the walls but clowe should bring more offensively than zubrus (clowe could be a really good player, but hes just too damn slow). ryder has vanished after a nice first two games, elias looks like hes playing beer league, zubrus is just ineffective (even doesnt look as strong on the walls), salvador is WAYYY overplayed, zidlicky doesnt seem to have the same offensive flair yet, gelinas has flashes, greene doesnt look up to par so far either........as i said, cammalleri, brunner, henrique (to an extent) merrill and severson are the only ones who id say im happy with their play to this point (didnt see enough of josefson yet, but looked good tonight).

Last edited:

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
I don't really ever get on Zajac. There's a lot to be said for a guy that does as much well as Zajac does, and a player that you rarely ever have to worry about having a bad shift.

But yeah, the guy has to start contributing more offensively. He's relied on to contribute offensively and he just isn't at all so far this season. The puck has been a bomb on his stick. He's rarely making anything happen or creating any offense.

I said all off season that our #1 need was down the middle. Still is.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I think we broke a record tonight guys!!!!!! Most shootout loses in a row in NHL history! That counts for something right ? Well thats the way Dumbdor would look at it...F I RE H I M ALREADY! Why the hell was Jagr out there for a shootout???????????? He sucks at S/O and has admitted it MANY times in the past. Terrible coaching, I mean ,why listen to the player who has been playing the game longer than the idiot has been coaching right??????????

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Our best players are not playing good at all.

Cory not playing his best, Greene definitely not his best. Elias MIA, Jagr, Henrique, Zajac. This list goes on.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Zubrus with 1 point in 7 games now.

He's finished. Picked up right where he left off last season. It's more than fair to assume he's done. Not a completely useless player, still a good player defensively and on the PK. Needs to be on the 4th line though. There are players better than him that play on the 4th line and have been scratched.

A smart GM would unload him to a team who needs bottom 6 veteran presence but loyal Lou will keep around and I bet resign him too.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
People were yelling last year for Jagr to get shootout attempts despite his protests last year.

Everytime the puck doesn't go in its the wrong shooter on here and ______ should of been.

The guy does not like to do it why ask him. Aand I would say the reason people may have been doing that is because everyone else sucked.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Zubrus with 1 point in 7 games now.

He's finished. Picked up right where he left off last season. It's more than fair to assume he's done. Not a completely useless player, still a good player defensively and on the PK. Needs to be on the 4th line though. There are players better than him that play on the 4th line and have been scratched.

Unfortunately it looks like there are several guys you could say that about. Elias might be able to turn it around, but he's going downhill fast, and Jagr won't do what he did last year. And Clowe is 17 steps behind every play.

I'm really worried about Zajac. He's supposed to be a future, core type guy and he looks like a slug out there.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Gave up an uber softie and still stinks in the shootout. Would be nice if he actually stole a game for us. Tonight would have been a good time for it.

saved 35 of 37

and considering nobody on this team can score in the shootout it's not entirely his fault we keep losing them. he isnt going to save 10 attempts until we actually score one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA