Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Martin Hanzal (3 Years, $4.75M AAV)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I saw this and for a moment i though Nill somehow extended him a year early just to f*** the team more, it seemed like something he would do, for about 5mins i was irate.
I hate you for bumping this thread

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I saw this and for a moment i though Nill somehow extended him a year early just to **** the team more, it seemed like something he would do, for about 5mins i was irate.
:)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
2 out of the 3 years into this contract: 45 games: 6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points
And the sad truth is the team would have been quite a bit better had he been healthy. Hanzal may be slower than dirt, but he's still capable of producing more offense than anyone else on the bottom third of this roster.

To have fun with your Hanzal totals:
- If his 6 goals in 45 games all came this season, that would have him tied for 6th best among forwards on this team
- Gemel Smith, Andrew Cogliano, Denis Gurianov, Erik Condra, Joel L'ElGuapo, Justin Dowling, and Val Nichushkin have scored a combined 5 goals in a total of 123 games played this season.

Reactions: Elysian

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
And the sad truth is the team would have been quite a bit better had he been healthy. Hanzal may be slower than dirt, but he's still capable of producing more offense than anyone else on the bottom third of this roster.

To have fun with your Hanzal totals:
- If his 6 goals in 45 games all came this season, that would have him tied for 6th best among forwards on this team
- Gemel Smith, Andrew Cogliano, Denis Gurianov, Erik Condra, Joel L'ElGuapo, Justin Dowling, and Val Nichushkin have scored a combined 5 goals in a total of 123 games played this season.
Imagine a PK with Hanzal, Cogliano, Lovejoy and Polak

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I saw this and for a moment i though Nill somehow extended him a year early just to **** the team more, it seemed like something he would do, for about 5mins i was irate.
Same here, I recently woke up and saw this and was like “You’ve got to be f***ing kidding me” oh wait. Thank god

Now it’s a good laugh, even if at myself, to start the day.

Last edited:

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
haven't been following is he still injured? if so any news and when he will be back. I used to be a huge fan of this signing, back then i really thought he could turn this franchise around.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
haven't been following is he still injured? if so any news and when he will be back. I used to be a huge fan of this signing, back then i really thought he could turn this franchise around.
He's out on LTIR. He played a handful of games, and that was it.

His career is likely over.

He may try to come back next season, but he's only been able to play a small number of games over the past two seasons because of his serious back problems. Even if he tries, he likely finishes next season on LTIR.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hanzal had a projedure done on his back nobody in any sports has ever come back from and unsuprisingly when he actually did try to come back he looked like he was finished . Spinal fusion severely limits ones mobility and well thats exactly how Hanzal looked .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah for the betterment of his long term health he should really call it a career. He didn’t look good enough when he came back, I doubt at this point he can get into game shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad