Confirmed with Link: Stars sign Martin Hanzal (3 Years, $4.75M AAV)

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Don't know exactly what roster combination this is from, but there's not a ton left for Radulov.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Don't know exactly what roster combination this is from, but there's not a ton left for Radulov.

It doesn't include Honka so let's just say knock $5 million off for Faksa, Ritchie, and Honka. Still plenty of room for Radulov.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Should point out that Shapiro recently had a quote from Nill that he'd leave money open for Nichushkin to potentially return. That would be let's say around $6.5 million with Faksa, Ritchie, Nichushkin, and Honka (locked in just under $900K). Dallas won't spend to the cap ... and they shouldn't.

At minimum, you'd think they'd at least leave $500K for injury call ups and trade deadline space. If you throw that in to get to $7 million, it only leaves about $5.6 million to sign Radulov.

You could dump McKenzie or Cracknell though (maybe try to sneak them through waivers) to get to that last space you need.

Again ... it could also just come down to Pitlick being an AHL signing as well.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The amount of defense we've added in so many aspects is bordering on being ridiculous now :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's not shocking though. The hope seems to be that young guys can carry secondary scoring. I guess we'll see.

No, not at all. A very welcome change. We'll be fine offensively, especially if we can snag Radulov.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Can only imagine how frustrated Nill was with our Defensive play. I'm pumped for next year!

At times I forget we have Bishop lol

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
No, not at all. A very welcome change. We'll be fine offensively, especially if we can snag Radulov.

You sure about that? If we don't sign Radulov or anyone else and we roll with what we have now I don't think we'll improve much, if at all, from being 17th in scoring last year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You sure about that? If we don't sign Radulov or anyone else and we roll with what we have now I don't think we'll improve much, if at all, from being 17th in scoring last year.

I think we'll be fine. A good portion of the team had a bad year last season, so if they can rebound, we'll be alright.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Not that I disagree, but if they can make a big jump in improving goals against they don't need to score a million goals to win games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I could see Spezza being the 2nd scoring line, but his line overall playing less minutes than Hanzel's. I assume that means Roussel plays with Hanzal, but I don't know if Ritchie or Shore are the shutdown type RW. Ritchie did play that role some in the OHL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad