Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Sens Monday 10/15 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Boro has a good first pass. He can generally get by because of it without having to carry the puck up the ice, but he needs to be paired with someone who can do that.

Yeah, he has a passable first pass overall, but it's nothing special. He is of a dying breed.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Let's try this again....

All you guys who rag on Ceci are going to miss him after seeing this D-core without him!

I'll admit that as someone who neither hates or loves Cody Ceci, after the last game I'm confused.

Sort of glad that hes not back this next game simply for the fact that I need to see more now without him in the lineup.

It's possible that hes doing more harm than good on average, which is never been my opinion on him before..

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Newsflash: In the new NHL all D need to be PMDs. That doesn't mean they are all 5'6" and weigh 150 lbs. But ALL defensemen need to move the puck to be successful. Hence why Boro and Harpur are bad.
I wish Boucher could identify with this, 90% of the rest of the league seems to have. Why isnt Jaros playing? I was out of town this past weekend, I still find it mind blowing that the coaching staff put Boro and Harpur together then thought it was a good idea to match then up against the other teams top line. That insane.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A good first pass off the boards and out? Borowiecki can’t make simple tape to tape passes and relies on the boards.
He actually makes the right first pass if its there for him yes. He gets in trouble when he has to make any time or space for himself or there is no one obviously open. I truly think he does his job properly and well as a third pairing d man. He gets in trouble when management/coaching starts putting him in positions that arent made for his skillset. Like playing more than 15 minutes a game or matching him against the other teams top line or playing him with a d partner that isnt a good puck mover. He makes the right play with the puck most of the time based on his skillset.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'll admit that as someone who neither hates or loves Cody Ceci, after the last game I'm confused.

Sort of glad that hes not back this next game simply for the fact that I need to see more now without him in the lineup.

It's possible that hes doing more harm than good on average, which is never been my opinion on him before..
I don't think harpur was necessarily better than ceci against the kings

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wow, way to bring up a pointless stat. He's -5 on the season but it's really -3 because two have been empty netters.

Call it what you want, but the NHL keeps this stat ...... I'm sure if he was a plus 10, you'd have no problem with it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I wish Boucher could identify with this, 90% of the rest of the league seems to have. Why isnt Jaros playing? I was out of town this past weekend, I still find it mind blowing that the coaching staff put Boro and Harpur together then thought it was a good idea to match then up against the other teams top line. That insane.
He did play, but only a few minutes, and honestly he didn't look good. But I'm with you: either give him more minutes, or send him down and just go 12 x 6 and play Paul on the 4th line instead.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why does this matter? This is a game thread in a game where EK isn't playing.

Lighten up ....... I was replying to Ouroboros , who posted : "We are in the Ben Harpur era now." ..... and I took it as we used to be in the "EK65 Era" ...... Harpur had one of his best games, in a while and I compared his game to EK65s game that day........ geeesh.

Again, lighted up ......

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Lighten up ....... I was replying to Ouroboros , who posted : "We are in the Ben Harpur era now." ..... and I took it as we used to be in the "EK65 Era" ...... Harpur had one of his best games, in a while and I compared his game to EK65s game that day........ geeesh.

Again, lighted up ......

Get over it man, he is gone, we know thats what you wanted, stop rubbing it in people's faces. :sarcasm:

Also, as I missed the game Saturday, all I keep hearing from the Ottawa media (ie TSN1200) is that Harpur was so good, and instead of explaining what about his play was so good, they just point to the minutes he played and one hit he made on his first shift. Can anyone describe what he did well without pointing to his ice-time?? Lets not fall into the same trap most of us have fallen into for Cody Ceci.

Lets not forget the Cody Ceci experience. Big minutes does not equal strong play.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
He did play, but only a few minutes, and honestly he didn't look good. But I'm with you: either give him more minutes, or send him down and just go 12 x 6 and play Paul on the 4th line instead.

Not sure why we need to play a 30 year old Paul Carey 4th line minutes during a rebuild instead of playing a much younger Nick Paul in that role.

Reactions: NyQuil

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Get over it man, he is gone, we know thats what you wanted, stop rubbing it in people's faces. :sarcasm:

Also, as I missed the game Saturday, all I keep hearing from the Ottawa media (ie TSN1200) is that Harpur was so good, and instead of explaining what about his play was so good, they just point to the minutes he played and one hit he made on his first shift. Can anyone describe what he did well without pointing to his ice-time?? Lets not fall into the same trap most of us have fallen into for Cody Ceci.

Lets not forget the Cody Ceci experience. Big minutes does not equal strong play.

Oh I'm over it, and just to correct you, again, I did not want EK65 traded, was not glad to see him go ...... and I know you're just trying to start an argument ....

iu

Reactions: NyQuil

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Now we find out if teams with an overwhelming 1st line will continue to have their way with us.

Is there anyone out there thinking that they wont :laugh: ?

Imo we're going to continue to struggle in that regard. But lets be honest, we've always struggled with that, this season isnt unique at all. This team bleeds shots and goals.

My only hope is that the offense doesnt dry up. This has been very fun to watch so far.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Oh I'm over it, and just to correct you, again, I did not want EK65 traded, was not glad to see him go ...... and I know you're just trying to start an argument ....

iu
You sure?? It seems from all your posts that you wanted him gone because of money issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad