Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Sens Monday 10/15 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The EK thread that you suggested hes not worth market value

You're spinning.

I said Ottawa reportedly offered him the same AAV as what Doughty was offered.

I said Ottawa is unable to offer the same bonus structure as Doughty received.

Sorry to correct you.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
You're spinning.

I said Ottawa reportedly offered him the same AAV as what Doughty was offered.

I said Ottawa is unable to offer the same bonus structure as Doughty received.

Sorry to correct you.
Sorry but that doesnt sound same as Douthtys contract value, and it hasnt been confirmed . Just hearsay from reporter who is the mouthpiece of PD

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Sorry but that doesnt sound same as Douthtys contract value, and it hasnt been confirmed . Just hearsay from reporter who is the mouthpiece of PD

Two local Newspaper reporters, and Doug MacLean all reported the same $11 Million AAV

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Let's try this again....

All you guys who rag on Ceci are going to miss him after seeing this D-core without him!

So far, so good. Harpur isn't noticeably worse than Ceci and Ceci doesn't bring enough offense to make up for his defensive deficiencies, so that's a wash between the two. #CeciWriteoff

Also, big pizza served up by Spez tonight, gotta jump on that dish. GSG.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Can anyone give a good account of Harpur's game Saturday without leading with "he played big minutes"?

Solid and stable. Made some nice rushes, one that led directly to a goal. In his own end he only made one noticeable gaffe in the 1st, when he didn't clear the puck. Other than that, he was strong, stable and really used his size. Not only to hit but just his wing span. ON th PK, you can really notice his size and an active stick eats up quite the circumference.

Basically looked like playoff Harpur. I am really happy for him.

Reactions: Chezzz

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Solid and stable. Made some nice rushes, one that led directly to a goal. In his own end he only made one noticeable gaffe in the 1st, when he didn't clear the puck. Other than that, he was strong, stable and really used his size. Not only to hit but just his wing span. ON th PK, you can really notice his size and an active stick eats up quite the circumference.

Basically looked like playoff Harpur. I am really happy for him.

And not one mention of his ice-time! Thanks for this!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lighten up ....... I was replying to Ouroboros , who posted : "We are in the Ben Harpur era now." ..... and I took it as we used to be in the "EK65 Era" ...... Harpur had one of his best games, in a while and I compared his game to EK65s game that day........ geeesh.

Again, lighted up ......
harpur was downright comical after his first period (which was very good)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

No he wasn't. Sitting on a lead results in a 20-6 shot differential. The 3rd was pretty balanced with another goal scored. Andy had a hadful of scoring chances, that's about it.

I don't think I am saying he was the 1st star, but when expectations are low, he impressed.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
You made this statement on Saturday as well.

I watched the game and thought he was solid throughout -- except that one bad giveaway that was highlighted / analyzed in the SensProspects tweet.

Can you identify other specific plays that were so comical?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Sitting on a lead results in a 20-6 shot differential.

I think this was one of my two biggest takeaways from a game I was unable to watch. We keep hearing about how GB has changed his approach, yet we continue to do the most GB type of things, sitting on a lead for 2 periods is GB at his best, no??

2nd takeaway was how little ice-time Wideman got, quite unfortunate actually, the only explanation that is acceptable would be that he is hurt, anything else in inexcusable.

Both of these things point to the GB of old.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think this was one of my two biggest takeaways from a game I was unable to watch. We keep hearing about how GB has changed his approach, yet we continue to do the most GB type of things, sitting on a lead for 2 periods is GB at his best, no??

2nd takeaway was how little ice-time Wideman got, quite unfortunate actually, the only explanation that is acceptable would be that he is hurt, anything else in inexcusable.

I think jumping out to a 3-0 lead with a young team is a bit of a challenge at this stage. I mean, it is hard to expect Ottawa to play like an elite team that is used to leads like that. They perservered, however, and rebounded for a better 3rd.

Wideman scored two goals, which is great. But, and this is just my opinion, his legs are not quite there yet, as was later evident when Lewis scored . I think if they had to run 6 tonight it would be tough to take Wides out, but if he did not score, he would probably be the odd man out as Jaros looked very good.

I think GB correctly identified the d who were playing well. I mean, save the criticism when we lose 5-1, not when we win 5-1. They played great.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018

Yes, everything you say is correct. I am not completely sold on the 7D approach although I think GB considers himself to be Einstein of hockey now. The Wideman situation is very puzzling. I think management is feeling pressure to play Harpur. I wonder if a trade is going to happen soon. I can't see Harpur being in the zone for 82 games.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
This will be Methot's first game in Ottawa since he left, right? I think he was injured last season during the Stars @ Sens game.
Had a nice ovation for him on the big screen that game last season, he was in the press box. Local guy, played with Karlsson.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

LA came out really really hard in the 2nd period. I bet they got chewed out pretty bad by the coach after a dreadful 1st. I don't think this was a coaching thing. The 3rd period was alot more even. Wideman got little ice time because we were protecting the lead. He got out-muscled pretty bad at one point early in the game which led to a breakaway against us. There was no reason to play our smallest, weakest defenseman when protecting a big lead against a big team like LA when we have 7 defensemen.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You made this statement on Saturday as well.

I watched the game and thought he was solid throughout -- except that one bad giveaway that was highlighted / analyzed in the SensProspects tweet.

Can you identify other specific plays that were so comical?
the whole game after the first. positioning, plays with the puck. I thought he was terrible.. same for boro.. yeah they were matched up against the pther teams best line (?????????????????????????????) but yeah, thought he was bad the whole time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No he wasn't. Sitting on a lead results in a 20-6 shot differential. The 3rd was pretty balanced with another goal scored. Andy had a hadful of scoring chances, that's about it.

I don't think I am saying he was the 1st star, but when expectations are low, he impressed.
right..but part of this is some of the d men ignoring better options and simply saying " nah im flicking this back to th opposing d man at center ice, and around and around we go.. harpur does this a lot.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
right..but part of this is some of the d men ignoring better options and simply saying " nah im flicking this back to th opposing d man at center ice, and around and around we go.. harpur does this a lot.

Except this exact play (from Lajoie) led to Colin White's goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad