Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Sens Jan. 29. The Return of Mr. Giggles Part 2 Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I worded that poorly, I probably should have said primary concern instead of major. They decided to lean more heavily on thier younger D and it backfired big time.

As for Spezza not backchecking, they are allowing nearly 20% more goals per 60 mins at ES when Spezza is off the ice than they did last year. Spezza isn't why their defense sucks.

All that does is prove my point that his game has influenced the stars in a bad way. Dallas has evolved into a team %100 percent focused on offense, and have thrown any idea of defensive game out the door. That is the way Spezza has always wanted to play, and now he is on a team which has changed to suit his style.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Hopefully Spezz gets what he deserves a great ovation as he did provide 700 points in about 700 games. Very few ppg players in last 10 years.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hopefully Spezz gets what he deserves a great ovation as he did provide 700 points in about 700 games. Very few ppg players in last 10 years.

I'm sure there will be a video and a standing ovation for his time here. And if he scores a goal, he'll be roundly booed

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
All that does is prove my point that his game has influenced the stars in a bad way. Dallas has evolved into a team %100 percent focused on offense, and have thrown any idea of defensive game out the door. That is the way Spezza has always wanted to play, and now he is on a team which has changed to suit his style.

Lol spezza. The most influential man on earth.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i bought a mr. giggles toy for my kids last christmas. dogs tore the stuffing out

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who is the idiot who picked Thursday to be our first game back from the all star break?

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
You comedians said the same thing last year, and surprise, it didn't happen. The slide continues. Spezza has brought nothing but offense to Dallas, while their defensive game has gone from decent, to totally non existent. They went from an exciting dark horse playoff team, to a fringe non playoff team. I thought the addition of Spezza was supposed to make them an elite western power house. Remember those predictions? He isn't even a PP player anymore, and never will be again, for 7.5 million a year (slight overpayment). He was even average when paired with Benn and Seguin, so they split them up.

Simple fact is that Dallas was better without Spezza, and so is Ottawa. If we offered Dallas Hoffman and Stone for Spezza, their management would foam at the mouth. Tomorrow will be an easy win, since this team has learned some consistency and defensive awareness.

Umm...Spezza and Hemsky were pretty much the main reason why this team was still in the playoff contention last year despite the team being mediocre.

And Spezza was over a point-per-game with Seguin and Benn. The reason why they split Spezza and put him on the 2nd line was because the secondary scoring for the Stars were pretty much dead at that time and only Seguin/Benn/Spezza were producing.

Your probably an anti-Spezza (assuming from your bizzarre post), but stop damage-controlling the fact that Spezza left the team. Yes, he has had issues that shouldn't been fixed, but saying "the team is better off with him" is just comical, knowing that the Senators are nowhere near the playoffs contention on a weak Eastern Conference.

Turris is playing with guys like MacArthur and 3/4th line players too.
I posted this already, Spezza is getting easier match-ups and much much more offensive zone starts.

MacArthur is better than anyone on the Dallas roster aside of Seguin and Benn. Hemsky is probably the biggest bust in last year's free agency, and Cole IMO is no longer a top 6 player. Nuke was injured before the season has even started so there is basically no secondary scoring for the stars...maybe Eakin but he's still a project

MacArthur, Ryan, ...etc. is better, but that's IMO.

Your right about the fact that he's getting easier match-ups, but u have to understand that he's ice time has been reduced quite a lot. It's pretty hard to be a point-per-game player being on a second line with no quality wingers to play alongside with.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
How surprised are we going to be when dallas reveals it signed aflie and heatley for this game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Who is the idiot who picked Thursday to be our first game back from the all star break?

No kidding....it's what, an 8-day break?

Not sure what the league is thinking with this one. I don't remember the all star break ever being this long before.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Umm...Spezza and Hemsky were pretty much the main reason why this team was still in the playoff contention last year despite the team being mediocre.

And Spezza was over a point-per-game with Seguin and Benn. The reason why they split Spezza and put him on the 2nd line was because the secondary scoring for the Stars were pretty much dead at that time and only Seguin/Benn/Spezza were producing.

Your probably an anti-Spezza (assuming from your bizzarre post), but stop damage-controlling the fact that Spezza left the team. Yes, he has had issues that shouldn't been fixed, but saying "the team is better off with him" is just comical, knowing that the Senators are nowhere near the playoffs contention on a weak Eastern Conference.

MacArthur is better than anyone on the Dallas roster aside of Seguin and Benn. Hemsky is probably the biggest bust in last year's free agency, and Cole IMO is no longer a top 6 player. Nuke was injured before the season has even started so there is basically no secondary scoring for the stars...maybe Eakin but he's still a project

MacArthur, Ryan, ...etc. is better, but that's IMO.

Your right about the fact that he's getting easier match-ups, but u have to understand that he's ice time has been reduced quite a lot. It's pretty hard to be a point-per-game player being on a second line with no quality wingers to play alongside with.

They split up Benn and Seguin because they don't need him to produce points. Unlike Spezza, who isn't good enough to produce on his own, as you just admitted. Guys like you thought that adding defensive train wrecks like Hemsky and Spezza would put them over the top. It has has the exact opposite effect, obviously. They went from playoff contention, to not, by adding two guys who were supposed to be amazing by people who don't understand the game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yep, 8 days off right in the thick of the season. Makes total frikkin' sense!

If we were hit with tons of injuries to star players before the ASG, then we'd be praising the extra time to let bodies heal, but yeah.... without anyone nursing anything, it seems like a waste of a good break.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If we were riddled with injuries and in a playoff spot, then maybe. As is I'd just as soon get on with the season, and if we were injured I'd be just as happy to give some games to the call-ups.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So Emelin had a nasty hit on Spezza apparently?

Hopefully Jason can suit up for tomorrow

There's a gif on the main board, but Spezza finished out the game afaik.

Was just a really dumb crosscheck that I think caused Spezza to get cut on his nose either from where the glass starts, or his visor smashing into his face.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
So Emelin had a nasty hit on Spezza apparently?

Hopefully Jason can suit up for tomorrow

I think he should be ok, wasn't going at a very high rate of speed. Looks like his nose just got cut on either his visor or the lip on the boards.

edit: ^^ what you said lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad