Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Sens Jan. 29. The Return of Mr. Giggles Part 2 Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xamar*

animal_number_2.png

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Ohhhhhhhhhh yes. Bought tickets for this game the day it became available. So excited to see the crowd reaction for the big return and to see how Ottawa reacts to it all.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
spezza 7 MILLION
46 games 8 goals 26 assists -4 powerplay points 16 FO%54.44

Turris 3.5 MILLION
46 games 9 goals 20 assists -8 powerplay points 8 FO%47.3

discuss

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
spezza 7 MILLION

Turris 3.5 MILLION

discuss

lol melynk and his points per dollar has brainwashed you.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
spezza 7 MILLION

Turris 3.5 MILLION

discuss

It'd be nice to have someone other than JGP or Legwand who could actually win some faceoffs from time to time.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Except Spezza now plays #2 role, and Turris #1. Which means Spezza plays against weaker competition than Turris and is getting much more Offensive Zone starts - 59% vs 46%. Basically, Spezza is sheltered

Turris has sucked this season. Get over it.

I'm going to the game on Thursday! It's going to be my 1st time in the 'Sens Supporter Section', going to be extra loud with me and my buddy there.

"DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF!" --> Can't wait to say this allll night long.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Except Spezza now plays #2 role, and Turris #1. Which means Spezza plays against weaker competition than Turris and is getting much more Offensive Zone starts - 59% vs 46%. Basically, Spezza is sheltered
The scale is a bit exaggerated... put Seguin and Zibanejad's name in there, and you see Seguin's opponents log a ton more ice than those other three.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The scale is a bit exaggerated... put Seguin and Zibanejad's name in there, and you see Seguin's opponents log a ton more ice than those other three.

loool just did this. Nice try bud.

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed offensive zone starts, everyone knows Spezza's specialty is offense. Why is such big news that he gets more offensive zone starts? I do the exact same thing in NHL 15...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I'm going to the game on Thursday! It's going to be my 1st time in the 'Sens Supporter Section', going to be extra loud with me and my buddy there.

You're being quite arrogant when it comes to Spezza.

No one ever said Turris was a true #1 center, so comparing the two is useless. Only thing you can guess at is how well he'd do playing behind a guy like Seguin. Most people would agree that Kyle would probably have similar numbers.

Trading Speza was imo, a positive move for Ottawa, but not replacing him ASAP was a mistake. Hopefully they find a way to do so this year.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
You're being quite arrogant when it comes to Spezza.

No one ever said Turris was a true #1 center, so comparing the two is useless. Only thing you can guess at is how well he'd do playing behind a guy like Seguin. Most people would agree that Kyle would probably have similar numbers.

Trading Speza was imo, a positive move for Ottawa, but not replacing him ASAP was a mistake. Hopefully they find a way to do so this year.

I didn't actually try and compare the two, that was someone else who wanted another reason to try and rag on Spezza. Then someone else posts a skewed graph to rag on Spezza even further.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

I don't understand why everyone is obsessed offensive zone starts, everyone knows Spezza's specialty is offense. Why is such big news that he gets more offensive zone starts? I do the exact same thing in NHL 15...

Well, if his specialty is offense and he is putting up same offensive numbers as defensively-oriented Turris (who's having a bad year on top of that) then maybe Spezza is not really better than Turris right now, is he?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I didn't actually try and compare the two, that was someone else who wanted another reason to try and rag on Spezza. Then someone else posts a skewed graph to rag on Spezza even further.

All I'm trying to say is that Turris is better than you make him out to be, even in his bad year.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
lol melynk and his points per dollar has brainwashed you.

^^these are my posts from this thread.

Well, if his specialty is offense and he is putting up same offensive numbers as defensively-oriented Turris (who's having a bad year on top of that) then maybe Spezza is not really better than Turris right now, is he?

All I'm trying to say is that Turris is better than you make him out to be, even in his bad year.

Where did I say Spezza was better than Turris? These are my posts from this thread. I honestly don't see it. Two other players said 'Spezza>Turris'.. I didn't write that.

What I did see was two posters, yourself and Nanuuq, try to post things that made Turris look better than Spezza. Turris is having a bad year, not many people disagree with that point. Why does this have any relevance to Spezza?

You can't even welcome him back for a game. You guys have to come in the GDT or go the Stars board or twitter or wherever, and continually post about ****** spezza is.

He's gone, seriously get over it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
spezza 7 MILLION

Turris 3.5 MILLION

discuss
What this tells me is that Murray made the deal of a lifetime signing Turris to peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad