Post-Game Talk: Stars misalign in Ottawa - 4-2 Victory - Brass balls edition

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I wonder if Wild will put Gus in net against us on Thursday?

Would be fun! However things are not going so good for the Wild and they may put Fleury in but we have two big swedes ready to put battle him!

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
It's crazy because we could easily have even more goals right now somehow if that's possible...

We are getting some luck but we're also generating a pile of high danger scoring chances every night.

This team is friggin dope though, that's fairly clear as of today.

yea we could have scored a couple more if guys werent trying to force feed the puck to DeBrincat there for a bit.

Big W. Heckberg was impressive. Pinto has a filthy release. Good for Brassard.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It's crazy because we could easily have even more goals right now somehow if that's possible...

We are getting some luck but we're also generating a pile of high danger scoring chances every night.

This team is friggin dope though, that's fairly clear as of today.

I mean we outplayed and generated more chances than the Sabres did. They just converted on more chances. But even reading the Sabres board, they'll admit they had way more breakdowns that game than we did. Toronto was really the only game where we were outplayed from start to finish.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I mean we outplayed and generated more chances than the Sabres did. They just converted on more chances. But even reading the Sabres board, they'll admit they had way more breakdowns that game than we did. Toronto was really the only game where we were outplayed from start to finish.
We weren’t outplayed by Toronto.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I am not liking how they using the cat!

They are forcing guys to pass to him but they are not connecting proper, sloppy passes.

DJ needs to get on the ice and let everyone see where the cat's wheelhouse is. Is not even a guess , he likes it in same place as Ovies office on the left hand side.

Just cause you pass it their does not mean he will score, it needs to be a nice pass so he can one time it just like ovie.

Is so easy to see but they are not doing it right!

G needs to be set up on the right side of the net or near the right side faceoff dot for the seam pass to either man in front or left side Cat.

The offense on that 2nd line is going to blow up but they need to work on it. Just can't be feeding random passes, is waste of time.

Still think Timmy is best on that line but with Norris out we need keep him on line #1.

Pinto being a little beast these days, he is going to be PP2 all night long!

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Great game. We overwhelmed another playoff calibre team

Idk, you see a lot of early season success stories. This doesn't look like that to me.

Reactions: bert

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I am not liking how they using the cat!

They are forcing guys to pass to him but they are not connecting proper, sloppy passes.

DJ needs to get on the ice and let everyone see where the cat's wheelhouse is. Is not even a guess , he likes it in same place as movies office on the left hand side.

Just cause you pass it their does not mean he will score, it needs to be a nice pass so he can one time it just like ovie.

Is so easy to see but they are not doing it right!

G needs to be set up on the right side of the net or near the right side faceoff dot for the seam pass to either man 8n front or left side Cat.

The offense on that 2nd line is going to blow up but they need to work on it. Just can't be feeding random passes, is waste of time.

Still think Timmy is best on that line but with Norris out we need keep him on line #1.

Pinto being a little beast these days, he is going to be PP2 all night long!

Was Cat not playing in the same spot on the PP that he's been for his entire career? Left half wall?

Reactions: bert

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Huge win.

Just like against the Caps the team struggled early but kept at it and actually ramped up the pressure as the game went on until they were just dominating and there was no doubt who the deserving team was.

The 4th line was leaned on in the 1st and helped change momentum before heading into the break.

Will admit I was getting nervous as it was beginning to look like we were not going to take advantage of the run of PPs we generated and that always seems to lead to a goal against.

The depth is really showing.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Was Cat not playing in the same spot on the PP that he's been for his entire career? Left half wall?
Yeah, thats not what he's saying. He's saying that the passing hasn't been crisp to Cat yet and its true. The guys are not feeding it into his sweet spot and the puck always seems a little unsettled when going his way. He hasn't received one perfect pass in his office yet despite dozens of attempts.

I agree @Yak , Ive noticed this for the last couple games. Hard to tell if it is just bad luck, bad passing, or the result of designing multiple pass options and not enough emphasis on that one play. Not that I would change much on our PP, it will come, the guys just need to work on crisp passes right into his wheelhouse, mostly Chabby and Stu.

Reactions: Yak

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah, thats not what he's saying. He's saying that the passing hasn't been crisp to Cat yet and its true. The guys are not feeding it into his sweet spot and the puck always seems a little unsettled when going his way. He hasn't received one perfect pass in his office yet despite dozens of attempts.

I agree @Yak , Ive noticed this for the last couple games. Hard to tell if it is just bad luck, bad passing, or the result of designing multiple pass options and not enough emphasis on that one play. Not that I would change much on our PP, it will come, the guys just need to work on crisp passes right into his wheelhouse, mostly Chabby and Stu.
That feed from Chabot to Debrincat is a much harder feed than Chabot to Norris but they'll figure it out.

It's about winning, not about one guy scoring

Reactions: aragorn and bert

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
That feed from Chabot to Debrincat is a much harder feed than Chabot to Norris but they'll figure it out.

It's about winning, not about one guy scoring
Agreed, I wouldn't change a thing on our PP. I defy any team to try to prep for our PP1, you can't.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Lol k but he said that DJ needs to get the ice and see where the Cat likes it, and it sort of lost me...

I feel like that's up to his linemates to figure out a way to get it through to him. It's not like we play a strange system on the PP that doesn't want to utilize that left side shot...

And I also think that the Cat is just getting very unlucky and could easily have 2 or 3 more goals as of today. It's only a matter of time.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Judging by Twitter alone, it seems a large contingent of Hab fans are incensed over the attendance for some reason.

What a bunch of angry children. Those preseason losses really broke their minds.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Impressive stuff, playing so well and showing great heart with strong finishes. This team is exciting to watch, and even though they’re rolling I can’t help but feel that some of our best players still could easily elevate their games further!

Cat is playing well, points are coming and so are chances. He’ll start burying them soon enough!

Feels f***in great to be a sens fan these days.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad