Post-Game Talk: Hit em with the 4 like AM34. Leafs lose 4th straight game 7 to Boston: 2-1

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Mitch the b.tch was his usual in game 7. Totally invisible. No Keefe, no marner, and this team could have won.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I hope Carolina is eliminated quickly.

Very quickly.

Get the entire Carolina staff here.

Pay all these people and send them off.

Coaches, trainers, video, etc...
Rod’s one of, if not the best coach in the NHL, I highly doubt the Cane’s a stupid enough not to meet his price……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We should have been chasing a President/GM asset combo a la Doug Armstrong / George McPhee a long time ago.

We've been absolutely short-changed here in Toronto with sub-standard quality of management.

Lou was perhaps the best asset we had who actually saw a good culture shift from losing to winning and we handed it over to a wannabe-MBA type with no experience in hockey.
When they let Lou go it was the beginning of the end, FULL STOP……….

Reactions: egd27

png57

Oct 5, 2022
Mitch the b.tch was his usual in game 7. Totally invisible. No Keefe, no marner, and this team could have won.
Absolutely pathetic play on the game winning goal. He let Pastrnak breeze by him like a sports car racing a scooter. Total lack of heart and intensity for f**ks sake.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Darch

Jun 30, 2009
Is Keefe actually going to be fired though?
I think Keefe is fine. He just needs help setting up D-zone play. They never adapted during the series, and the Bruins kept pinching in onto their wingers who were always too high, when they actually were present! Ringing the puck along the boards is good for peewee.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We are pretty good on home ice...
Yeah that was the excuse many used when they missed out on home ice. We had lost 3 consecutive game #7s at TD Garden going in. Now it is 4. I'm willing to bet most hockey people prefer game #7 in their barn. No brainer for me. The team that won games #5 and #6 probably win #7 in their barn IMO.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You're one of the real ones here @Cleetus

See the game the right way, and watch the rest of the playoffs.
I’ll second this opinion…….

There are a lot of similarities between this series and the Montreal series.

Both very beatable opponents but somehow Matthews and Marner just couldn't do anything.
Columbus Blue Jackets say hi too……..

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Nylander score 2 wins game 6 single handedly.

Matthews 3 pts and game winner in Game 2. Factors in on all three goals.

Tavares scored. Domi scored. Bertuzzi scored.

MARNER IS THE LOSER WHO DOES NOTHING. Bye bye MITCH. He's a Magician all right. He makes himself disappear every post season.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I’m excited for an offseason of changes

1 for 20-something on the powerplay highlights a lot of issues this team has. With coaching, with the forwards, with the defense, there is a lot of decisions you can make looking at what went wrong there.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah that was the excuse many used when they missed out on home ice. We had lost 3 consecutive game #7s at TD Garden going in. Now it is 4. I'm willing to bet most hockey people prefer game #7 in their barn. No brainer for me. The team that won games #5 and #6 probably win #7 in their barn IMO.
We had a shot to win this one and clawing back into the series as the underdog is what kept us alive. I doubt it mattered.

I don't love how we ended the season and think it speaks to some faults on the team itself, but actual home ice is pretty "meh" for me with the mindset of the group

Reactions: ToneDog

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This last week was the first time this team looked like it could win in the playoffs. I imagine there will be big changes but we may actually be on the right track.
Snot factor was definitely a factor in the last three games, but once again the high priced talent choked……..

Reactions: egd27 and ToneDog

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Wasn’t invisible

Here he is letting his man blow by him for the GWG.

IMG_8316.jpeg

And everyone gets by Rielly.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Nylander score 2 wins game 6 single handedly.

Matthews 3 pts and game winner in Game 2. Factors in on all three goals.

Tavares scored. Domi scored. Bertuzzi scored.

MARNER IS THE LOSER WHO DOES NOTHING. Bye bye MITCH. He's a Magician all right. He makes himself disappear every post season.
Mitch scored a beauty goal that game they were arguing on the bench. He also missed 13 games down the stretch with an ankle injury when his mobility is crucial for his offensive game. But don't let reality keep you from hating on Marner.

Sep 18, 2009
Mitch scored a beauty goal that game they were arguing on the bench. He also missed 14 games down the stretch with an ankle injury when his mobility is crucial for his offensive game. But don't let reality keep you from hating on Marner.
Defending Marner after he ruined the franchise is crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad