Post-Game Talk: Stars misalign in Ottawa - 4-2 Victory - Brass balls edition

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

IS. THAT. PINTO. AND. HIS. AGENT?

We weren’t outplayed by Toronto.

First two periods absolutely we were. But it was because they were literally firing on all cylinders and it was clear we were still trying to establish chemistry. The fact they our defense still maintained them the way we did is indicative of the ability of this team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Pinto's wrister changed the dynamic of the game.

Brady's big body move was spectacular, but Pinto's goal deflated the hell out of Dallas. Someone who can score like that from where he did, that's a powerful, powerful weapon.

Chabot and Zub were phenomenal. Completely shutdown their potent, big-bodied top line. Zub was especially physical and aggressive. Absolutely loved it. Sanderson was a beast as well, especially final period and a half.

Boys played a great game. That top line could have scored a couple more, some stellar looks. I love the big-body game they are imposing on teams. Can you beat you by skill and crush you.

That was a statement, STATEMENT game. We just gave Dallas their first loss and they were the power house of the west thus far.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As a regualr working man/slave, and a person who appreciates routine in his life - Monday night is not the night I want to do anything outside the house that requires much effort, if I can avoid it. Personally speaking...

Not to go off topic but preach, so many people always trying to organise things on Monday night and I'm always like bruh, I just survived the weekend, I'm tryna get life back on TRACK namsayin

As for the game, that was a game we lose every day of the week, so putting on them big boy pants and taking it by the reins was yet another STATEMENT, and I'm liking what this team is stating

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
My 16 year old son and his friend just bought $120 tickets, with their own money for Thursday night's game. This is what you want to see, a new generation taking interest in the Sens.
Keep winning boys, the fans will come. GO SENS GO!!!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
IS. THAT. PINTO. AND. HIS. AGENT?

First two periods absolutely we were. But it was because they were literally firing on all cylinders and it was clear we were still trying to establish chemistry. The fact they our defense still maintained them the way we did is indicative of the ability of this team.
Against Toronto DJ had a game plan to play the dump and forecheck game because the leafs had been getting so many rush chances in their first 2 games. Don’t let the possession numbers fool you, the first was even, the leafs had a better 2nd and we dominated the 3rd.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Against Toronto DJ had a game plan to play the dump and forecheck game because the leafs had been getting so many rush chances in their first 2 games. Don’t let the possession numbers fool you, the first was even, the leafs had a better 2nd and we dominated the 3rd.
DJ was saying that the Leafs had been averaging 14 odd man rushes a game and we kept them to three that game, we had a gameplan and stuck with it to neutralize their offense and for the most part it worked

Reactions: GCK

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I mean we outplayed and generated more chances than the Sabres did. They just converted on more chances. But even reading the Sabres board, they'll admit they had way more breakdowns that game than we did. Toronto was really the only game where we were outplayed from start to finish.
My god your avatar just weirds me out. It's tough to look at.

Reactions: PatrickEaves

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The most impressive play was chucky bullying the defender and scoring. Pinto's goal too obviously, but it must be so hard to defend against Chuck when he does that.

Reactions: DrEasy and Dionysus

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I liked how they didnt crumble in the second as we are accustomed to.

Good overall game. Scoring depth of this team is

chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Our goalie played a Hell of a game!
Pinto is a legit calder candidate.
Tkachuk is leading by example, I see this as a "breakout year" as NHL's top-level power forward.
Zub has been the best defenceman, Hamonic was a valuable addition and seems to be working great with Jake the Snake.
Think we won the Zibby trade, Brass looked good, another great move by Summer Dorion.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I could have sworn Pinto straight up stole the puck and went in on his own...

I'd give it to Motte since he waved at the puck and interfered with it and the players' stick making him fumble the puck, whereby Pinto picked it up after the other player failed to maintain any type of possession on it.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We bossed that team around like nobody’s business.
We hammered them physically and they are supposed to big a big heavy team.
We skated circles around them and hemmed them in for extended periods.

This team is stretching its legs, learning to own games, and it has just begun.
The return of justified swagger, and teams coming to town with a fear of being humiliated like the Pizza line years is coming. It’s glorious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad