Weekes: Stars making a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Where does Benn play? I’m not trying to be an ass ,I honestly don’t know . I assumed he was on a line with Seguin no matter what?
I thought maybe Marchment plays on the third line instead of Benn , but you guys know your team way better than I do . Does Stars management think the same with a Marchment / Johnston / Seguin line or are they loyal to Benn ( right or wrongfully ) ?

Man ,I never looked at the Stars roster closely (Devils fan here so eastern teams im more familiar with) .
They have a very nice looking roster. They have drafted VERY well recently.
Top line is deadly , 2nd line looks very good , 3rd line could have Benn Stankoven and ??? (very solid 3rd line ).D core will always be good with Heiskanen on it and what could be the best goalie in the league here soon .
Benn carries a cap hit that says "Im sorry I exploited your value when you were good here is money to make up for it"

Is he a 9.5 mil player? absolutely not. Is he a good 3rd liner when deployed correctly who can fill in a top 6 roll? yes

I think this year we we finally treat him as the player and not the contract and he looks decent in running a 3rd scoring line. Benn - Faksa - Guri in an offensive system could look good. Stank will almost certainly get sent back to the WHL because

1. He can
2. His team hosts the Memorial cup so he is guaranteed to be there
3. The stars owner owns Stanks WHL team so he has a financial motivation to have Stankoven in the WHL

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
3. The stars owner owns Stanks WHL team so he has a financial motivation to have Stankoven in the WHL

Seen people say this a couple of times and if it was ever proven that it's why he's not in the NHL I'd have a hard time remaining a fan of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad