Weekes: Stars making a move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Friedman just earlier this week described it as a "minor shift" that would need to occur. Weird

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Would anybody take a 2nd for the Khudobin dump, I wonder? He is "only" 36 and only the 1-year remaining on his deal. Stars have already liquidated 1st+3rd picks. Last season WAS a major writeoff for Khudobin. But the ones before that were either not-bad to excellent for what he was. It shouldn't be completely impossible that he can squeeze out one more semi-competent NHL season if he's truly healthy?

I don't think the Stars should fall all over themselves to pay Robertson at a heavy premium, and certainly should not pay him more than Heiskanen, even if they do create the Cap space. I think that would just set them up to being forced to pay Hintz even more than that next summer. But if they are feeling desperate, a 2nd rounder isn't too much to give up, if that's what it takes to go down that dangerous path.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chychrun intrigues me, but that would create quite the logjam on the blueline for Dallas.

Heiskanen
Lundkvist
Lindell
Haakanpaa
Miller
Suter
Harley
Hanley

Obviously Chych would slot in ahead of a couple of those names on the depth chart, but it'd still be pretty crowded. :laugh:
I guess Hakanpaa and Harley would be part of the return for Chychrun. Along with Khudobin. Possibly with retention on Chychrun. If it’s 50% retention, then Dallas saves more than 2aav. Leaves Dallas with just 7 names on your list, rather than 8. Which is the right number for them.

I could see Suter taking on more of Hakanpaa’s role while Chychrun and Lundkvist team up to cover what Suter leaves on the table and the loss of Klingberg.

Dallas not having a ‘23 1st is a pretty big problem here, though. I’d guess Harley would therefore need another bluechip attached to him. Like Mavrik Bourque, honestly. Dallas fans will shout that down immediately. But I don’t see another way. Dellandrea and a future pick probably doesn’t get that done.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Nylander is bigger and stronger and so far in camp it shows, he is not playing the perimeter, he has adapted more of a Matthews lean in power game.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Nylander out points Marner this yr
Nylander looking Great in pre season Really means nothing. Playing well against minor league players is not a big deal really. He’s a Dynamic player but let’s stop with the preseason tire pumping On players.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
my buddy has family in the stars organization and he told me Khoudobin is done, too many nose beers lol not even kidding

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
....That'd certainly be interesting. :laugh:

The longer the Stars' front office drags this on, though, I've no choice but to wonder if they actually are taking trade calls.
You heard it here 1st! E4....

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't be shocked if Vegas and the Stars made a swap of Cs, + Khudobin being buried in Henderson...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I'm good as long as their top 6 is this...

Robertson Hintz Pavelski
Marchment Johnston Seguin
Where does Benn play? I’m not trying to be an ass ,I honestly don’t know . I assumed he was on a line with Seguin no matter what?
I thought maybe Marchment plays on the third line instead of Benn , but you guys know your team way better than I do . Does Stars management think the same with a Marchment / Johnston / Seguin line or are they loyal to Benn ( right or wrongfully ) ?

Man ,I never looked at the Stars roster closely (Devils fan here so eastern teams im more familiar with) .
They have a very nice looking roster. They have drafted VERY well recently.
Top line is deadly , 2nd line looks very good , 3rd line could have Benn Stankoven and ??? (very solid 3rd line ).D core will always be good with Heiskanen on it and what could be the best goalie in the league here soon .

Last edited:

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Where does Benn play? I’m not trying to be an ass ,I honestly don’t know . I assumed he was on a line with Seguin no matter what?
I thought maybe Marchment plays on the third line instead of Benn , but you guys know your team way better than I do . Does Stars management think the same with a Marchment / Johnston / Seguin line or are they loyal to Benn ( right or wrongfully ) ?

Man ,I never looked at the Stars roster closely (Devils fan here so eastern teams im more familiar with) .
They have a very nice looking roster. They have drafted VERY well recently.
Top line is deadly , 2nd line looks very good , 3rd line could have Benn Stankoven and ??? (very solid 3rd line ).D core will always be good with Heiskanen on it and what could be the best goalie in the league here soon .
Benn is a bottom 6er at this point in his career. Whether coaches beileve that or not is another thing.

Seguin-Benn was one of the worst defensive forward pairings in the league last year. They are too slow to be effective together anymore.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I'll say this if they could get Benn to waive his no trade sweeten then deal with some picks and get something back that doesn't cost as much I would be ok

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
For someone not 100% up to speed on the Stars, do they need to move cap to resign Robertson?
If so what are their options?
Pay someone to take Dobby and his 3.3 cap, send Dobby down to free up 1.125 in cap or if one or more between Bourque/Stank/Johnston make the squad then trade Guri for a little positive value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad