GDT: Stars@Leafs 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I've always thought we had a great schedule. Most important thing is to not have a huge workload in the last month and we have that, that's most of the ball game right there.

I don't want a heavy schedule but I'd like them to stay sharp and games are the best way to stay sharp. Either way this isn't a bad schedule it's just terrible for spacing out games.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
That line is obviously better defensively with Leo, the extra offence offsets losing Leo but I don't know why people are pretending that Marner makes the line better defensively, he doesn't. That doesn't mean Leo should go back to his wing but Leo is better defensively than Marner at this point, that shouldn't really surprise anyone.
Yeah I think Komarov's role fits better next to Plekanec than with Kadri at least this year.

Also

Please come back soon Matthews

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don't want a heavy schedule but I'd like them to stay sharp and games are the best way to stay sharp. Either way this isn't a bad schedule it's just terrible for spacing out games.

Yeah the spacing out of games sucks, mostly from a fan perspective IMO, but one reason why I've liked this Leafs' schedule is that they got a lot of their hard road trips out of the way early on.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The Kadri line with Komarov on it had a combined 47% possession rate, with Komarov rocking a solid 45% (Marleau and Kadri had 49% and 48%).

Once Komorav was taken off the line, they all went above 50%.

In fact:
Kadri's Possession with Komarov: 46.83%
Kadri's Without him: 51.5%
Marleau's Possession with Komarov: 47.68
Marleau's without him: 50.77%
Komraov's without Kadri: 42%
Komravo's withouth Marleau: 43%

They've been carrying this guy for far too long 5 on 5.

You really need to step your game up before you try arguing with me.

I realize you weren't responding to me, but I have a couple of questions on the stats you cite.

1. Is it possible / probable the line was used differently when Komaraov or Marner were on the line?

2. Why did you switch from Leivo vs Komo to Marner vs. Komo ? Was it because Leivo never gets to match up against the very best lines in the NHL because the coach doesn't like him therefore there are no stats?

Reactions: ACC1224

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
The Kadri line with Komarov on it had a combined 47% possession rate, with Komarov rocking a solid 45% (Marleau and Kadri had 49% and 48%).

Once Komorav was taken off the line, they all went above 50%.

In fact:
Kadri's Possession with Komarov: 46.83%
Kadri's Without him: 51.5%
Marleau's Possession with Komarov: 47.68
Marleau's without him: 50.77%
Komraov's without Kadri: 42%
Komravo's withouth Marleau: 43%

They've been carrying this guy for far too long 5 on 5.

You really need to step your game up before you try arguing with me.
lmao oh nice one, im not arguing with you im just telling you your wrong. So komarov doesnt help kadri and marleau offensively... therefore he sucks defensively?

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I realize you weren't responding to me, but I have a couple of questions on the stats you cite.

1. Is it possible / probable the line was used differently when Komaraov or Marner were on the line?

2. Why did you switch from Leivo vs Komo to Marner vs. Komo ? Was it because Leivo never gets to match up against the very best lines in the NHL because the coach doesn't like him therefore there are no stats?
I was gonna say the same thing..

Here is something X66 should find numbers for: Kadri-Marleau-Marner arent used as a shutdown line as much hence dont have heavier minutes against competition compared to Kadri-Marleau-Komarov. The line komarov is on is usually the line that gets the tougher minutes.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
lmao oh nice one, im not arguing with you im just telling you your wrong. So komarov doesnt help kadri and marleau offensively... therefore he sucks defensively?

I’m saying he’s a god awful possession player with them and brings down their possession stats a ton.

He’s even worse possession wise without them, which just puts greater emphasis on how much the had to carry him 5 on 5.

Komarovs defensive play has been very overrated this year. He’s been a shell of his former self.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Good post.
Leivo can't replace Komarov on the Kadri line, it's an absurd notion.

Reactions: Cotton and frog

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I’m saying he’s a god awful possession player with them and brings down their possession stats a ton.

He’s even worse possession wise without them, which just puts greater emphasis on how much the had to carry him 5 on 5.

Komarovs defensive play has been very overrated this year. He’s been a shell of his former self.

His offense has been the problem, he's fine defensively. He's been a target all year if his defense was that terrible those people waiting for him to screw up would be jumping on his mistakes. He's a key part of our very effective PK, I doubt he's here next year but he's easily one of our best defensive wingers.

Reactions: frog and Liminality

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Hey guys, just out of curiosity have any of you made the trek to buffalo to watch the leafs play? just wondering if it is worth the trip.

Thanks!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
How do we know? He'd certainly provide more offence
The guy can barely play on the 4th line and you think he'd excel at tough defensive match ups?

Hey guys, just out of curiosity have any of you made the trek to buffalo to watch the leafs play? just wondering if it is worth the trip.

Thanks!

I always enjoy it. I guess it depends on what would make the trip worth it for you.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
The guy can barely play on the 4th line and you think he'd excel at tough defensive match ups?

I always enjoy it. I guess it depends on what would make the trip worth it for you.

I just like watching the leafs so im pretty easy to please. The tickets i am looking at are about $300 for the pair, at the end where the leafs shoot twice so i feel like that would be a pretty cool experience.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How do we know? He'd certainly provide more offence

Obviously, we can't know something that hasn't happened, but we can speculate.

I would like if they had a shutdown line with shutdown players, but Babcock makes due with the assets he has.

One should not forget how Babcock frequently puts Komarov on the Kadri line when protecting a late lead.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I just like watching the leafs so im pretty easy to please. The tickets i am looking at are about $300 for the pair, at the end where the leafs shoot twice so i feel like that would be a pretty cool experience.
Keep looking around, that sounds like a lot of money for Buffalo. We paid that for 4 last week, 10 rows up.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Ou johnsson called up? Everyone is starting to pay attention to him. Nice. Hope he does well.

Completely forgot there was a game today. Midterms got me getting through my days like a zombie.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad