GDT: Stars@Leafs 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
but dont you need higher grades to enter the workforce?

It really depends, grades can help you get in the door but experience trumps everything. I'm in charge of people with more degree's than I have because I'm very effective at my job. Don't neglect school but don't assume a piece of paper will replace a good work ethic and the right attitude.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
It really depends, grades can help you get in the door but experience trumps everything. I'm in charge of people with more degree's than I have because I'm very effective at my job. Don't neglect school but don't assume a piece of paper will replace a good work ethic and the right attitude.

Yes, but it will get you the job. Experience comes after the fact. You cannot have good work ethic and attitude until you have a job. But if you have to let your marks slip, the Leafs in the playoffs is worth it.:sarcasm:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Yes, but it will get you the job. Experience comes after the fact. You cannot have good work ethic and attitude until you have a job. But if you have to let your marks slip, the Leafs in the playoffs is worth it.:sarcasm:

Oh totally, I've just seen people wash out because they think just because they have a piece of paper so they must know better. Never neglect your education but just understand that it means less and less the older you get, at least that's my experience working with a large multi national.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
They did pretty good against the Pens last Saturday didn't they?
Well they didn't get lit up but I don't recall them shutting Malkin down. Maybe I'm wrong though. I think Kapanen might be a better fit though. Just being able to have everyone play their strong side helps so much for transition. Plus he's so fast and disruptive

Reactions: stickty111

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well they didn't get lit up but I don't recall them shutting Malkin down. Maybe I'm wrong though. I think Kapanen might be a better fit though. Just being able to have everyone play their strong side helps so much for transition. Plus he's so fast and disruptive

they were just talking about it on sports center Nylander went up against mallkin for 11 mins of game time and they didnt score. Not sure how many mins malkin played but 11mins would have to be over 50% of his 5 on 5 ice time

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Maybe we should write the coach a strongly worded email.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

You need a certain GPA to get into co-op which gets you experience. If you have co-op experience and good grades your life will be so much easier when you get out of school.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
You need a certain GPA to get into co-op which gets you experience. If you have co-op experience and good grades your life will be so much easier when you get out of school.

Yes! Way too many jobs need experience for even entry level positions, it can be impossible to get said experience without a job. We really need to have a better blend of Universities and Trade schools, making everyone get a diploma and telling them it's all you need to get a good job isn't helping anyone.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov is probably only there because Matthews is hurt.
When he returns, Marner could go back on that line.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Can Malkin even be shutdown? Lol

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
@Gary Nylund bro you missed the over under by about 18 hours as for your guess about when does Kadri thread bites th dust lol.

Good guess though :laugh:

Oh I was a lot closer than that. I made the prediction early yesterday morning and Bert closed the thread at 11:51PM so I came within 9 minutes of nailing it bang on. Here's a copy-paste of my post.

I'd set the over/under at midnight tonight. Oh well, last time a Kadri thread was closed, I believe he had two goals and an assist the next game, maybe history will repeat itself. I almost started a new thread after that game just so I could give him a thumbs up but I figured there was no point as the conversation would inevitably turn to a 3 year old suspension. It seems I was on point, sad stuff.

Let's see if Kadri has 3 points tonight I guess. And if he does, screw it, I'm going to start a Kadri appreciation thread. Gonna put APPRECIATION in caps too if you catch my drift. :laugh:

Reactions: PromisedLand

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov is probably only there because Matthews is hurt.
When he returns, Marner could go back on that line.

If we play Boston in the first round I could see the Kadri shutdown line being used against their top line. Then again Plekanec is pretty good at shutting down Bergeron so who knows. Lots of options hopefully!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If we play Boston in the first round I could see the Kadri shutdown line being used against their top line. Then again Plekanec is pretty good at shutting down Bergeron so who knows. Lots of options hopefully!
As much as I like Kadri, I dont want him to have the task of shutting Bergeron down.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Oh I was a lot closer than that. I made the prediction early yesterday morning and Bert closed the thread at 11:51PM so I came within 9 minutes of nailing it bang on. Here's a copy-paste of my post.

I'd set the over/under at midnight tonight. Oh well, last time a Kadri thread was closed, I believe he had two goals and an assist the next game, maybe history will repeat itself. I almost started a new thread after that game just so I could give him a thumbs up but I figured there was no point as the conversation would inevitably turn to a 3 year old suspension. It seems I was on point, sad stuff.

Let's see if Kadri has 3 points tonight I guess. And if he does, screw it, I'm going to start a Kadri appreciation thread. Gonna put APPRECIATION in caps too if you catch my drift. :laugh:

Honestly I think if we stick with the present it should stay open, it's the constant rehashing of the past that closes these things. Good call on the lock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad