GDT: Stars@Leafs 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Any word on Matthews? I know he won't be in tonight, thinking more about Saturday. Also who designs these schedules these long breaks and three games in four nights are atrocious.

Reactions: ThewThew

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
with respect to our most recent call-up Andreas Johnsson, members in the media aren't really sure how to pronounce his last name - some are pronouncing the "J", some are not.

Do you guys know how its pronounced?

Does it sound like: John - sen

OR

Does it sound like: Yawn - sen

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
with respect to our most recent call-up Andreas Johnsson, members in the media aren't really sure how to pronounce his last name - some are pronouncing the "J", some are not.

Do you guys know how its pronounced?

Does it sound like: John - sen

OR

Does it sound like: Yawn - sen

I think it's Yawn-sen

Reactions: MattySnipes

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Freakin excited for this game! I only got to watch the final 5 minutes of Saturday's game (ouch), so I've been starving for some Leafs action. Gonna holler at my TV all night and drive the GF nuts.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Just replace Komarov for Leivo, and I'd be 100% on board with this line-up.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The schedule is good in a way because it's a built-in break to get some guys rested
But it can also be difficult to get any kind of momentum going, and they could come out flat tonight

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Komarov that high in your line-up does more harm than it does good, this has been proven on numerous occasions this season.
What is your proof? You honestly would make komarov a healthy scratch?? I dont understand why? Do you think with all of our offense we need to sacrifice our defence for more offence?

Reactions: Cotton

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so did we burn a call up for nothing, since Rosen can't play? that's kinda bummery.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Andreas Johnsson kept up his point-per-game pace through 54 outings with his 26th goal of the season. Nobody on the Marlies roster deserves a call-up more than him, and he should be a great fit on Kasperi Kapanen’s opposite wing as the two built a great deal of chemistry at the AHL level.
The shot in the arm the Leafs are hoping Johnsson will provide to their second power-play unit was well demonstrated on the third-period power play goal — as Mike Babcock mentioned yesterday, Johnsson is a composed finisher from the slot area and his competitiveness helps with puck retrievals down low.
Andreas Johnsson scores in final game before call-up, Garret Sparks becomes winningest goalie in franchise history as Toronto Marlies down Laval at the ACC | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
so did we burn a call up for nothing, since Rosen can't play? that's kinda bummery.

It’s an emergency call up. So it doesn’t count.

The Leafs have 1/4 of their callups remaining. (Kapanen, Dermott, Johnsson)

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
What is your proof? You honestly would make komarov a healthy scratch?? I dont understand why? Do you think with all of our offense we need to sacrifice our defence for more offence?

My proof is how he makes lines that he's on black holes possession wise the hire he's in the line-up. Not much of a defensive help when he's one of the biggest reasons you spend most of your time in your own zone with him.

Komarov on any spot other than the 4th line is a bad look.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->