GDT: Stars@Leafs 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It’s an emergency call up. So it doesn’t count.

The Leafs have 1/4 of their callups remaining. (Kapanen, Dermott, Johnsson)

Kappy + Dermott count even though that was before Deadline?
huh

I think he was an emergency call-up wasn't he? I don't think we burned an actual call-up. I could be wrong though just how I thought it worked.

thanks to both of you.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

I would like to see Brown take few nights off. He hasn't been producing or been good lately
Leivo again, gets a point, the Leafs win and he's benched

I am not a big fan of Leivo but usually after you win a game, you keep the same players.
Or if you are going to rotate players to give opportunities, why not players who are not producing.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I would like to see Brown take few nights off. He hasn't been producing or been good lately
Leivo again, gets a point, the Leafs win and he's benched

I am not a big fan of Leivo but usually after you win a game, you keep the same players.
Or if you are going to rotate players to give opportunities, why not players who are not producing.

I agree. Full disclosure - I am a fan of Leivo so take my opinion FWIW. :)

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Komarov that high in your line-up does more harm than it does good, this has been proven on numerous occasions this season.

The key to winning tonight is minimizing the the impact the Seguin, Benn & Radulov line will have!! This line plays 20 mins a game ( similar to FLA's top line). Naz gets the assignment and Leo makes them the most reliable option. Make no mistake that punishing line is better but an extraodinary effort by Naz's line can help us win.

Beyond that we have a huge advantage and the Willy- Marner pair will have a great opportunity to dominate tonight!

If the game situation changes, then Leo off the line may make sense and Babcock has often rotated line combos during games recently. Putting Marner out with Naz against Seguin is a huge waist of his talents and will show off his weaknesses trying to fight Benn and Rad. If we have Matty its a different story!

Leo has accepted any role on this team and will give it all as a reliable shut down D. He is one of our best of late in the role he's given and give him some credit for being a great team player!! GLG

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I mean, if Johnsson brings some two way play to the 4th and some powerplay ability (from what I've read) I'm not sure what Leivo would have over him besides size. How's Johnsson's skating?

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
The schedule is good in a way because it's a built-in break to get some guys rested
But it can also be difficult to get any kind of momentum going, and they could come out flat tonight

Kinda sucks that teams have to play so many more back to backs to accommodate the by week... and then we have a gap like this late in the season. They could have dropped one or two of the back to backs off the schedule and actually played hockey in March.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
No debating necessary dude, just proofread! :sarcasm:

I'm just jokin with you, don't take it so seriously. I know Komarov is not a defenseman, let alone a shutdown D. :laugh:

woops my mistake!

Just get tired of so many commenting that players like Leo aren't a key part of our ability to compete going into the playoffs.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
All I know is, with Leivo on that spot you spend a lot more time in the offensive zone than you do in the defensive zone, can't say the same for Komarov.

Sure would be interesting to see Leivo matching up against Benn - Seguin - Radulov all night and hemming them in Dallas' d-zone all night.......:sarcasm:

Reactions: Cotton and 54thecup

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
woops my mistake!

Just get tired of so many commenting that players like Leo aren't a key part of our ability to compete going into the playoffs.

I've been a big fan of Komarov throughout his years here. This year, however its clear he has lost a step or maybe was too distracted with the birth of his child. He has looked much better as of late (last few games) than he was pretty much all year. He is good on the PK, but if that's all he brings I am sure we have someone who can replace him for next year who can bring more than one tool. Hopefully he goes full "Handlebar Leo Komarov" in the playoffs! I miss that Leo!

Reactions: 54thecup

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Sure would be interesting to see Leivo matching up against Benn - Seguin - Radulov all night and hemming them in Dallas' d-zone all night.......:sarcasm:

Komarov has already proven on that line that they get hemmed in their own zone most games.

That's why the line-up took off both defensively and offensively when Marner took his spot.

Reactions: stickty111

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Unlimited emergency call up No worries

I’m excited to see how Johnsson plays along with the rest of the team. Hopefully Dallas isnt too amped up from losing to Montreal last night

Part of me wonders how accurate that is. There is such a narrative about how they come out hungry after a loss if they win or it's the start of a slump if they lose but how often does a bad or great day at work affect your next day? I mean that's what this is to players, they may love hockey but it's still a job.

I think it's seriously overblown, it's another one of those things people just like to say I think. Much like the most dangerous lead in hockey, a two goal lead is objectively safer than a one goal lead.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Part of me wonders how accurate that is. There is such a narrative about how they come out hungry after a loss if they win or it's the start of a slump if they lose but how often does a bad or great day at work affect your next day? I mean that's what this is to players, they may love hockey but it's still a job.

I think it's seriously overblown, it's another one of those things people just like to say I think. Much like the most dangerous lead in hockey, a two goal lead is objectively safer than a one goal lead.

There’s a cliche for every outcome.

As you said, if they come out on fire, they wanted to make a statement. If they don’t, they are in a slump.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Komarov has already proven on that line that they get hemmed in their own zone most games.

That's why the line-up took off both defensively and offensively when Marner took his spot.
Offensively I don't think anyone could argue, defensively though I'm not sure that's the case. I'm trying to find the goals against stat for certain players in a time frame but haven't been able to look it up. I'd be curious though to see how many goals the Kadri-Marner line has given up since being put together compared to how much the Kadri-Komarov line has.

Not that I'm trying to argue against the Kadri-Marner line, I want them to keep that for now. I just think we're underrating Komarov a bit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad