Confirmed with Link: Stars fire Jim Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I don't mean this as any way disrespectful to the situation, but I can't help but wonder if the clear and repeated use of “a material act of unprofessionalism" was general counsel's recommended language for potentially getting out the remaining years of his contract after firing him. In other words, the use of the word "material" may be extended to a material breach of contract, therefore rendering it null and void.

Any Juris Doctorates out there who can speak to that?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Listening to Nill - I get the impression it has to do with a woman - either a Stars employee, or possibly the wife of a co-worker.

If this is the case - I'd assume keep it under wraps, and deal with it internally (possibly firing, or letting him quit after the season in June) because by the end of the week - the truth of whom was involved will leak out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Listening to Nill - I get the impression it has to do with a woman - either a Stars employee, or possibly the wife of a co-worker.

If this is the case - I'd assume keep it under wraps, and deal with it internally (possibly firing, or letting him quit after the season in June) because by the end of the week - the truth of whom was involved will leak out.

If you were listening to Nill why are you saying it might have something to do with a Stars employee?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
If you were listening to Nill why are you saying it might have something to do with a Stars employee?
Nill is being coy here - no police involvement - must be sumthin internal...Are there women on the Stars payroll in the front office/marketing?

Just my opinion is all.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
"I was made aware of a situation over the weekend involving an employee of the Dallas Stars organization," Stars general manager Jim Nill said. "Upon collecting all the information and executing an internal investigation, including speaking with ownership, management and general counsel, it was determined that there was a material act of unprofessionalism contrary to the values and standards held by the Dallas Stars organization.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
"I was made aware of a situation over the weekend involving an employee of the Dallas Stars organization," Stars general manager Jim Nill said. "Upon collecting all the information and executing an internal investigation, including speaking with ownership, management and general counsel, it was determined that there was a material act of unprofessionalism contrary to the values and standards held by the Dallas Stars organization.
I think he meant that as Monty being the employee but maybe not . To come to think of it I think he said it wasn’t involving any staff members rather than employees .

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

The bolded portion is obviously referencing Monty but what interested me is that he said there was no players or other employees involved in the incident but initially said he wouldn't divulge information out of respect for the *parties* involved.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

"Sometimes in life, the hardest decisions are the toughest."

Jim Nil folks

IMG_4192.GIF

Please note that my team has Jim Benning, who is a quote machine, so I'm in no place to judge, just taking opportunity when it's presented;)

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
After watching it again .One thing that stood out to me was how he said there investigation entailed “going through the records”. He also couldn’t comment on wether or not there would be any legal proceedings .

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I think he meant that as Monty being the employee but maybe not . To come to think of it I think he said it wasn’t involving any staff members rather than employees .
That’s how I took it. Nill was referring to Montgomery. The initial comments were to introduce the news of the firing.

Reactions: Lo97

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
So Dallas Members, I'm guessing that Rick is just a placeholder/Interim until Jim Nill & Company find a new Head Coach. I have a hard time believing that Bowness will steer the ship the rest of the season. What do you folks think?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
So Dallas Members, I'm guessing that Rick is just a placeholder/Interim until Jim Nill & Company find a new Head Coach. I have a hard time believing that Bowness will steer the ship the rest of the season. What do you folks think?

Nill said that this would be the staff for the remainder of the season.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thank you for the replies. Again, best of luck for the guys in Green.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add in Multi-Quotes, looks like I'm out of my element:confused:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Nill is being coy here - no police involvement - must be sumthin internal...Are there women on the Stars payroll in the front office/marketing?

Just my opinion is all.

I asked because you said you were going by what Nill said but Nill said it didn't involve other Stars employees.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I asked because you said you were going by what Nill said but Nill said it didn't involve other Stars employees.
It’s tough to say what were the reasons why Montgomery was let go...Seems like a broad stroke of a brush was used when described ‘unprofessional code of conduct’...That could mean a variety of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad