Confirmed with Link: Stars fire Jim Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It’s tough to say what were the reasons why Montgomery was let go...Seems like a broad stroke of a brush was used when described ‘unprofessional code of conduct’...That could mean a variety of things.
Materialistic act of unprofessionalism , what does that mean ? It’s not verbal or physical ? So it must be something on paper I guess .nill said they had to go back and look at all the records. Texts maybe ?

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
What was said in his interview with the ticket?
Pretty funny interview, nothing for anyone to get upset about really. Every other question was some overly technical hockey strategy question, and the rest were basically these:

How much ass does Tyler Seguin get? - Didn't want to say

Among with playoff beards, do players also grow playoff bushes? - New generation keeps it brazilian

If you cut a hole in the ice, are there fish in there? - As a kid I got injured ice fishing when a zamboni ran me over, didn't catch any fish either

You spent a lot of time in Denver, when was the last time you did a bong rip? - Not my thing, I was a huge fan of Cheech and Chong movies growing up, but I was never someone to indulge

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Materialistic act of unprofessionalism , what does that mean ? It’s not verbal or physical ? So it must be something on paper I guess .nill said they had to go back and look at all the records. Texts maybe ?
"Material" in this context just means important/relevant.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, disallowing speculation makes the forum boring, what else are we here for? :sarcasm:

Since it clearly isn't obvious enough, we're stamping out the speculation due to the potential of libel here. Even if it is clearly labeled as speculation, there are still risks associated with this kind of talk being on HF. It has been an issue in the past and it would be better for everyone if it is not an issue ever again.

I understand that this is a frustrating rule, but it's one that is currently necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Habs fan here in peace. Can't believe the firing, seemed like a stand up guy. Hope it's nothing stupid like gambling on hockey games 10 years ago. Stars started slow this year but were on fire the last 20 games. Anyway, good luck to the team and hopefully Jim's name doesn't get dragged through the mud with hearsay and false accusations.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If this has anything at all to do with that interview, the NHL has to come out with a clear cut rule on code of conduct and what qualifies as a violation. Those questions were bullshit. If answering them gets a guy fired, nobody should ever go on that show again period. He got set up bad.

Reactions: Lo97

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If this has anything at all to do with that interview, the NHL has to come out with a clear cut rule on code of conduct and what qualifies as a violation. Those questions were bull****. If answering them gets a guy fired, nobody should ever go on that show again period. He got set up bad.
It's been said a million times it is not that stupid interview. How anyone could even get that opinion is ridiculous

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
One particularly interesting point is that Montgomery was, presumably, not given the opportunity to resign.

Don't want to speculate too deeply, but one would think that if it were a consensual issue, ala McDonalds' former CEO, he would be given the chance to resign.

It was obviously something the organization wants to have been on the record condemning, if/when it comes out.

It is likely also currently in the hands of lawyers, which would explain Bill's inability to comment.

There's probably enough crums here to get within the neighbourhood of what he's done.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My guess is they're using language out of either his contract or the employee handbook that is used when firing a person for cause, meaning the kind of firing where you don't pay out the rest of their contract.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
The twitter idiots are out in full force today. I can't even open a tweet about the Stars without shaking my head at the replies.

Why are people so stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad