GDT: STARS AT PREDATORS GAME 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
xGF is basically tied at 2 for both teams. High danger shots even. Unfortunately, other than the snow angel save, Rinne hasn’t made any big saves. Definitely not putting this on him I’m just pointing out the whole team sucks.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I'm not sure Josi is the best captain either. With Weber and Fisher they would go out there and punch someone in the face when needed. I suspect they held guys accountable as well. You don't have guys who play with an edge on this team. You need those guys.

Reactions: Armourboy

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I think keeping him just ends up being a wasted season.
"Wasted" is a nebulous term. Do you mean if he stays we finish 6th in the division and miss the playoffs or that we end up top three and struggle in the playoffs? So many people here wrote this team off over and over this regular season ... they're done, they can't get home ice, they can't win the division ... then the bipolar nature of this place and people spoke of home ice throughout as teams lost across the league.

This team remains in a dogfight. It is far behind the 8-ball today which means advancing is a longer shot proposition if we head to Dallas down 3-2. So be it. I expected a struggle.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Dallas on their heels but maybe too little, too late
they are protecting a 2 goal lead.

seriously do fans not understand that when teams have leads they completely alter their structure and strategy? we don't look better. we are just playing against a team protecting a lead on the road.

this isn't directed towards you.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
they are protecting a 2 goal lead.

seriously do fans not understand that when teams have leads they completely alter their structure and strategy? we don't look better. we are just playing against a team protecting a lead on the road.

this isn't directed towards you.

And still can’t score a non-fluke goal.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
xGF is basically tied at 2 for both teams. High danger shots even. Unfortunately, other than the snow angel save, Rinne hasn’t made any big saves. Definitely not putting this on him I’m just pointing out the whole team sucks.

Stop. You can't even come.close to hanging any of this on Pekka.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Stop. You can't even come.close to hanging any of this on Pekka.

I forget. Goalies are great when they make a big save but it’s everyone else’s fault when they fail. Should measure them on how they handle medium and low danger shots alone.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I forget. Goalies are great when they make a big save but it’s everyone else’s fault when they fail. Should measure them on how they handle medium and low danger shots alone.

Analytics are great but context is needed.

Pekka's chances against have been significantly more challenging.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
We lose this game with Saros too. Don't worry.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
"Wasted" is a nebulous term. Do you mean if he stays we finish 6th in the division and miss the playoffs or that we end up top three and struggle in the playoffs? So many people here wrote this team off over and over this regular season ... they're done, they can't get home ice, they can't win the division ... then the bipolar nature of this place and people spoke of home ice throughout as teams lost across the league.

This team remains in a dogfight. It is far behind the 8-ball today which means advancing is a longer shot proposition if we head to Dallas down 3-2. So be it. I expected a struggle.
We won the division because St. Louis had Mike Yeo to dig out from and Winnipeg has been just like us.

And no one has been wrong, this team is done, they've played pretty much how we expected them to play. It's not that we are losing, it's how we are doing so. Half ass effort, coaches don't seem to know what they are doing, players aren't held accountable.

I could care less about the regular season, it doesn't win you a damn thing. This team hasn't been good in the playoffs for 2 years now. The only reason we got by Colorado last year was that we just had more talent and experience.

Keep things the same, and will be having this same exact conversation next year at the same time under the same circumstances.

Reactions: predfan98 and Tex76

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Analytics are great but context is needed.

Pekka's chances against have been significantly more challenging.

I fully agree that he has faced challenging shots. But what should a fair expectation be for a goalie when it comes to stopping those shots?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I fully agree that he has faced challenging shots. But what should a fair expectation be for a goalie when it comes to stopping those shots?
Ok putting any of those goals on Pekka just makes you look like a blind fool. Those goals are scored 99.99999999% of the time on every single goalie in the league.

When Grimaldi is your best forward the last problem is your goalie.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Ok putting any of those goals on Pekka just makes you look like a blind fool. Those goals are scored 99.99999999% of the time on every single goalie in the league.

You’re saying 99.999999% of every goal that Pekka has given up tonight would go in on Bishop?

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
When we are down by 2, 7 minutes left and no one is going to the high danger spots, all passes and shots on the perimeter, how the hell can you expect to get anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad