GDT: STARS AT PREDATORS GAME 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We've had two chances that were remotely as good, and scored on both so yes.

We’ve got very different memories of each of these 5 goals. Granted I haven’t had the liberty of replay. I’m also mainly pointing out that Pekka hasn’t had a big game.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We’ve got very different memories of each of these 5 goals. Granted I haven’t had the liberty of replay. I’m also mainly pointing out that Pekka hasn’t had a big game.
Maybe you should watch them again, all but one were basically passes across for what amounted to not much more than tap ins.

Mattatut

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe you should watch them again, all but one were basically passes across for what amounted to not much more than tap ins.

That is straight up BS! He had opportunities to block 4 of the 5. One was a tip in. Stop lying, because that’s just what you did.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Keep things the same, and will be having this same exact conversation next year at the same time under the same circumstances.
I don't think it will be quite as bitter. We'll have different expectations next year. It's probably going to be a season where it's not really assured that we even make the playoffs. Whereas I expected contention this year. But the playoff races are tight and some teams are coming up... while it looks like we're heading in a different direction. Or at least, there won't be anything to suggest otherwise heading in to next season. Hopefully a new coach can help turn that around. But if so, it'll come as more of a "pleasant surprise" than something expected.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We won the division because St. Louis had Mike Yeo to dig out from and Winnipeg has been just like us.

And no one has been wrong, this team is done, they've played pretty much how we expected them to play. It's not that we are losing, it's how we are doing so. Half ass effort, coaches don't seem to know what they are doing, players aren't held accountable.

I could care less about the regular season, it doesn't win you a damn thing. This team hasn't been good in the playoffs for 2 years now. The only reason we got by Colorado last year was that we just had more talent and experience.

Keep things the same, and will be having this same exact conversation next year at the same time under the same circumstances.

No one has been wrong? So those saying we were missing the playoffs, a wild card team, or destined to start the playoffs on the road were right? Facts say otherwise.

In some ways the 2017 run was the worst thing that could happen for our fanbase because it created skewed expectations. The playoffs are worse odds than a craps shoot. If they went by seeding and how teams look on paper then there would be no need to play the games. Then again, if that were the case we don't advance past the first round in 2017.

We're now behind the 8-ball in this series. Maybe the Preds remember how to play defense while scoring ... maybe they get blown out of the barn. We'll see in a few days.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No one has been wrong? So those saying we were missing the playoffs, a wild card team, or destined to start the playoffs on the road were right? Facts say otherwise.

In some ways the 2017 run was the worst thing that could happen for our fanbase because it created skewed expectations. The playoffs are worse odds than a craps shoot. If they went by seeding and how teams look on paper then there would be no need to play the games. Then again, if that were the case we don't advance past the first round in 2017.

We're now behind the 8-ball in this series. Maybe the Preds remember how to play defense while scoring ... maybe they get blown out of the barn. We'll see in a few days.
Who are these magical people you are inventing that said this team wasn't going to make the playoffs? Find me one post that isn't being made because someone wasn't drunk and ticked off at the time.

Reactions: LCPreds

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Who are these magical people you are inventing that said this team wasn't going to make the playoffs? Find me one post that isn't being made because someone wasn't drunk and ticked off at the time.

Nice making excuses for why people make claims ... while skipping half of the claims. Your tacit concession of what the facts are when discussing comments here is noted.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Teams are trending big,fast.
Small players aren't going to get it done.

It would have been nice if Poile, could have traded Ellis and kept Jones.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The Preds laid an egg when they needed to play a solid, 60 minute game. There were a few moments early of good entries creating pressure on Bishop, and a goal. The defensive failures and giveaways were constant throughout the game. The inability to answer the Benn line is a constant in this series.

The odds of advancing are long right now. I'll give up when the Stars win their 4th. Until then, I'm supporting the Preds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad