GDT: STARS AT PREDATORS GAME 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
Dallas threw in 5 then backed off and went into a defensive lockdown game. We didn’t really start playing. Just a bunch of perimeter pot-shots, nothing resembling an actual plan.
your right,just wishful thinking.

Reactions: preds1

twig

Dec 8, 2013
In my mind,the way to have a chance is to hit anyone that touch's the puck,but,they are one step to slow to do that.

Reactions: preds1

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Is there a defensive zone exit plan other than wildly throw the puck in a direction and hope it gets out? All teams do this to extent in certain situations, but it seems to be the go to here.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
For about 10 minutes there... was it longer?... I thought they were actually making a lot of good controlled zone entries, carrying the puck in more than I can recall seeing for awhile. But it still went nowhere. And then they just gave up more chances back the other way.

The bottom line is there was never any quick fix coming. Maybe like some of us fans, the team kept thinking it would all magically work out too. But in reality, the team is just too broken/not good enough/whatever. They need a reset and it's going to take some serious work.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Is there a defensive zone exit plan other than wildly throw the puck in a direction and hope it gets out? All teams do this to extent in certain situations, but it seems to be the go to here.
Lol. Isn't that our offensive zone entry and pp plan also...
Brutal...

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
D4oAH-PW0AItXB4.jpg:large

Reactions: LCPreds

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The Preds laid an egg when they needed to play a solid, 60 minute game. There were a few moments early of good entries creating pressure on Bishop, and a goal. The defensive failures and giveaways were constant throughout the game. The inability to answer the Benn line is a constant in this series.

The odds of advancing are long right now. I'll give up when the Stars win their 4th. Until then, I'm supporting the Preds.

For about half the season, our offense has revolved around flipping the puck out and hoping for a breakaway.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Just pathetic. This team is a disappointment. Pretty much gutless with a loser mentality. Time to clean house, both with the coaches and the roster.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hopefully the anthem singer thing is in general terms because Gavin degraw is good. They need to stay away from these ancient country people who can’t actually sing.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hopefully the anthem singer thing is in general terms because Gavin degraw is good. They need to stay away from these ancient country people who can’t actually sing.

That was not good... Also GD has exactly what to do with Nashville? I'm no country fan at all, but most of the local artists can sing that song really well. Or just let Kathy Mullins take over full-time, she stays true to the tune and the fans can sing along.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Should have known before the game even started...

• The organ mic didn't work when they introduced Kyle. He's just there banging away without sound. A real blue hair having trooper. Not the first time that's happened this season but like our PP, these things take time.
  • A lady Perds fan, during her close up, flips off the arena while she is on the 'tron.
  • Mason's keys to the game cutoff, went full blank screen and then restarted awkwardly. Not a huge loss anyway.
  • The "energy" team and ice girls didn't bother to come out and Gnash almost tripped and fell over his get playoff loud banner while it was lying on the ice.
  • The anthem singer then face plants on the ice post anthem.

preds041318.jpg

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
That was not good... Also GD has exactly what to do with Nashville? I'm no country fan at all, but most of the local artists can sing that song really well. Or just let Kathy Mullins take over full-time, she stays true to the tune and the fans can sing along.

I think they said he lived here, don't know. His singing at least you were able to sing along with him. I don't know which one is Kathy Mullins,but several in regular season were horrible -- it was all American idol and change the tune and look at me... just let us sing along ...to the original tune.

I disliked the music tonight during play. I thought it was "we are on NBC, plat country tunes" to go along with the video of gnash at the beginning that was like an ad for Nashville rather than celebrating hockey. Horrid.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
They've used that Gnash/Nashville ad intro all three games and it gets worse reactions each game. The first game it was new, people were pumped for playoffs and not beat down by reality, so they cheered it. If we dare have a game seven, it should be retired. It's a crowd killer nowadays.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nice making excuses for why people make claims ... while skipping half of the claims. Your tacit concession of what the facts are when discussing comments here is noted.
I'll take your inability to actually show me these people as a concession that they are made up and don't actually exist.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

He lives in Nashville...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I'll take your inability to actually show me these people as a concession that they are made up and don't actually exist.

Well your resident Eyore here, I wasn't sure we would make the playoffs.

You continue to focus on one of the many categories of comments, only to have that undermined as well. These two posts in direct succession made me laugh into my morning coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->